AVP2 Textures

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

AVP2 Textures

Post by Enjay »

Or good tools to extract them.

I have the game and I had even extracted the textures once, but they were a victim of a HD crash I had a couple or more years back. I just installed the game again and tried LithTools on the REZ files. I got the DTX files out (the graphics format that the game uses) but I couldn't get most of them converted to a more universal format. I tried a few tools, but many of the graphics were just corrupted. I've tried googling around and tried all of the tools that I could find but nothing really worked.

I know that there is an AVP2 texture pack on Realm 667 but they have been converted to the Doom palette and I'd rather have them in their original colours.

So, anyone able to help?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: AVP2 Textures

Post by Kappes Buur »

StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I think Enjay wants the original textures, since they are the most authentic due to texture resolution, fitting more within Doom.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks, I did find those mods but it is indeed the originals that I am trying to track down
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tristan885 »

I remembered that I had some tools that I used to convert some textures from No One Lives Forever. They worked fine with AVP 2 textures from the look of it.

One was a DTX viewer plugin for Noesis but only a few worked fine while the others were distorted or in the wrong resolution. Another that I got was a DTXView tool, I forget where I found it again but I uploaded it just in case as it is the tool I found to work the best to view all the textures successfully. The only downside is that it does not have an export feature (using some screenshot tools would have to be used in this case).

I did also find this tool called "Ravioli Game Tools" which supports opening the REZ archives from LithTech games and preview the DTX texture files with the possibility to extract them with image conversion to a more preferable format. The majority of the textures display fine, however I've noticed that some textures looked a bit strange, like the door texture "mtl8_cargo_door1.dtx" from "worldtextures\doors" in AVP2.REZ will only display two colored dots, but the full texture is displayed fine if loaded in DTXView, which is why I gave a link for it.

I hope these will be really helpful! :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks, I'll grab those tomorrow and see if i can make any headway with them. Much appreciated. :)

Return to “Requests”