[REQUEST] Unique ACS Bleeding Script

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
XLightningStormL

[REQUEST] Unique ACS Bleeding Script

Post by XLightningStormL »

So I need a Bleeding Player script that's completely fresh (so no CAH or HD stealing) that uses ACS (mostly compatibility, and further self improvement I can apply if need be)

Guidelines:
- Writing should be for the Script itself, MENUDEF, and CVARINFO stuff doesn't need to be written (unless you want to make an example wad, or release for your own purpose)
- Unless ZScript is "ultra-mega-HAVE2BE" required, must be written solely in ACS (can't stress this enough)
- Named Scripts not numbered scripts
- Bleeding should be dependent on an inventory item, so it can be disabled at ease
- Bleeding is also dependent on a CVAR (bleeding_enabled) to be enabled (but will be enabled by default)
- bleeding_enabled set to 0 does not stop active bleeding but the INSTANTFOAM CVAR "cheat" does
- Certain damagetypes will have a chance to cause bleeding
- Said chance is 40% by default (can be changed with a CVAR called bleeding_chance)
- Bleeding is separated into levels (low, medium, high, and critical) and dependent on the player's health
Low Bleeding -1HP/5s (<100HP)
Medium: -2HP/3s (<75HP)
High: -4HP/2s (<50HP)
Critical: -6HP/1s(<25HP)
- When bleeding you can hear a sound playing (player/heartbeat) that plays faster (smaller delay) the higher the bleeding state
- Bleeding disablers (i.e Healing Station and Bandages) can also be done easily, but don't have to be written (unless for further use, or example wad)

Not much beyond that, I also suggest open sourcing it, in-case other people want or need a similar, more "complex system"
Arctangent

Re: [REQUEST] Unique ACS Bleeding Script

Post by Arctangent »

I don't really see what exactly would prevent this sort of thing from being derived from other mods' systems, unless it's because you need this to be under a certain license for a commercial project or something, in which case it's pretty dang important that you state that and what license you need this to be under, as you wouldn't be the one who gets a say in that - rather, it'd be the coder themselves who decides it, since, y'know, they wrote and own the code.
XLightningStormL

Just a heads up, this fuckery isn't needed anymore, since I'm just using a modified version of CaH's scripts (with better multi-player compatibility, different damages + delays, spawning blood when bleeding and cvar-dependency)

Sorry to anyone that felt offended by a lot of demands made, I had no right making such demands, and even stupider statements.
Not gonna apologise for wanting ACS instead of ZScript though :P
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

XLightningStormL wrote:Just a heads up, this fuckery isn't needed anymore, since I'm just using a modified version of CaH's scripts (with better multi-player compatibility, different damages + delays, spawning blood when bleeding and cvar-dependency)

Sorry to anyone that felt offended by a lot of demands made, I had no right making such demands, and even stupider statements.
would you mind sharing this with the rest of the world? I kinda want a universal health script mod for my gameplay, maybe even might make it myself.
XLightningStormL

Crudux Cruo wrote:
XLightningStormL wrote:Just a heads up, this fuckery isn't needed anymore, since I'm just using a modified version of CaH's scripts (with better multi-player compatibility, different damages + delays, spawning blood when bleeding and cvar-dependency)

would you mind sharing this with the rest of the world? I kinda want a universal health script mod for my gameplay, maybe even might make it myself.
May as well, I ended up replacing it with a ZScript version (which basically does pretty much all I needed, barring CVAR support, it's just locked to a custom difficulty now, but in essence it functions the same as the ACS variant just with a damagetype-array instead of tracking all damagetypes)

Here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e4c8g6hx ... d.pk3/file

Return to “Requests”