Can someone help me clean up these Daleks?

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hidden Hands

Can someone help me clean up these Daleks?

Post by Hidden Hands »

I'm happy with these for the most part, I made them myself. But there is one major issue - their frames do not look right in game. It's to do with the angle, and if I have to re-photograph all these I think it will be a great shame. I seem to have not got the angle right, especially on the 4th and 6th frames. It looks like their front/back parts are floating upwards rather than their base placed on the ground. Can anyone help please??

Thanks in advance.

Enjay

Re: Can someone help me clean up these Daleks?

Post by Enjay »

I'm not good enough to help with the edit, unfortunately, but, yeah, the angle is wrong. Your camera must have been too high. The sprites (especially on the angles you identified) look almost like they were intended for an isometric game. :(
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Yes, exactly. When I'm on a higher ledge in the game, they look fine.... So the camera was too high. I'm hoping i dont have to redo these from scratch.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I'm afraid your only option is to re-do the photos. Here is a tip though: If these were renders, and you can't use an orthographic camera, place the camera far away from the model and don't zoom in. Rely on raw resolution so you get a large empty image with a small part in the center taken by the model. A large focal length is key in ensuring you keep the stretching inherent with perspective to a minimum.

See also this thread:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php ... #msg501769
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Cherno wrote:I'm afraid your only option is to re-do the photos. Here is a tip though: If these were renders, and you can't use an orthographic camera, place the camera far away from the model and don't zoom in. Rely on raw resolution so you get a large empty image with a small part in the center taken by the model. A large focal length is key in ensuring you keep the stretching inherent with perspective to a minimum.

See also this thread:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php ... #msg501769
Thank you for this. I will follow these guidelines - I'm going to redo all the Daleks from scratch.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Ok I need some help, please can someone assist me on this? I have a full set of rotations for a Dalek enemy in my game. Mostly they have been cleaned up but in game they seem to be a bit jagged... just not smooth enough. Can someone please help me clean these up? All I need is the edges cleaned up really and maybe make them look a little more like they are ready to be in a DOOM game, smooth and professional... can someone help me please? I will finished the animations from the cleaned up rotations.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Requests”