[Amiga] Fears 1995 resources?

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
edgymemester

[Amiga] Fears 1995 resources?

Post by edgymemester »

Anyone got the resources (weapons, enemies, textures, music, sounds in order of importance, preferably all of them) of the Amiga Doom clone Fears from 1995? They honestly look pretty damn rad and I'd like to get my hands on them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7eoLHMHk20
Cherno

Re: [Amiga] Fears 1995 resources?

Post by Cherno »

I could look into it. If I'm not too drunk tomorrow, I could do it this Sunday. Otherwise expect something in the coming weeks (ripping assets takes a lot of time which is at a premium at the moment :) )

No promises though. I have no idea how hard it is to rip resources from a 3d game, I only ever did it with 2D Amiga games.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Cherno wrote:I could look into it. If I'm not too drunk tomorrow, I could do it this Sunday. Otherwise expect something in the coming weeks (ripping assets takes a lot of time which is at a premium at the moment :) )

No promises though. I have no idea how hard it is to rip resources from a 3d game, I only ever did it with 2D Amiga games.
Thank you very much in advance.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

From the built-in map editor:
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Kinsie wrote:From the built-in map editor:
lol
nice.png
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Note that these are the bowlderized versions of the monsters; the uncensored ones have humanoid forms. I assume that at least the German version had these censored monsters.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I've looked into ripping assets and it seems like it's not possible without a lot of tedious work involved. I suggest using the editor mentioned above to rip the sprites of monsters and textures, and while you are at it, use WinUAE's sound ripper to get the sounds too. The hud weapons come out in wrong colors when viewing a savestate so you'd also have to rip these from screenshots.

Edit: Also note that the monsters have no angled sprites.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Cherno wrote:I've looked into ripping assets and it seems like it's not possible without a lot of tedious work involved. I suggest using the editor mentioned above to rip the sprites of monsters and textures, and while you are at it, use WinUAE's sound ripper to get the sounds too. The hud weapons come out in wrong colors when viewing a savestate so you'd also have to rip these from screenshots.

Edit: Also note that the monsters have no angled sprites.
Damn. Thanks for trying, I'll see what I can do.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Here are some graphics I was able to rip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bkjxm78g90qtuc/Fears.zip?

It includes aliens (no death animations), weapons, textures, title and map screen as well as markers for the map screen. I didn't include the sounds because I would have to play through the whole game to meet each alien type (they seem to have different death sounds), and also becasue the sounds are kinda boring anyway.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Cherno wrote:Here are some graphics I was able to rip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bkjxm78g90qtuc/Fears.zip?

It includes aliens (no death animations), weapons, textures, title and map screen as well as markers for the map screen. I didn't include the sounds because I would have to play through the whole game to meet each alien type (they seem to have different death sounds), and also becasue the sounds are kinda boring anyway.
Excellent. I appreciate it.

Return to “Requests”