[Request] Help with a weapons mod.

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VecterStroke

[Request] Help with a weapons mod.

Post by VecterStroke »

I want to make a basic weapons mod that collects different types of weapons from across id games. The weapons have alt-fires, and reloading changes ammo type.
Here is a list of the types of weapons I would Like:

Pistol
Machine Gun
Shotgun
Supershotgun
Nailgun
Flamethrower
Rifle
Minigun
Rocket Launcher
Grenade Launcher
Plasma Rifle
Railgun
BFG
Unmaker (Styled after the one from the Doom Bible).

A major question I have is can I copy weapon decorate code for my weapons if I give credits?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Request] Help with a weapons mod.

Post by wildweasel »

VecterStroke wrote:I want to make a basic weapons mod that collects different types of weapons from across id games. The weapons have alt-fires, and reloading changes ammo type.
Here is a list of the types of weapons I would Like:

Pistol
Machine Gun
Shotgun
Supershotgun
Nailgun
Flamethrower
Rifle
Minigun
Rocket Launcher
Grenade Launcher
Plasma Rifle
Railgun
BFG
Unmaker (Styled after the one from the Doom Bible).
You can probably find useful graphics all over our Resources section with a little digging.
A major question I have is can I copy weapon decorate code for my weapons if I give credits?
Credits are the bare minimum I expect out of someone wanting to borrow from a mod. Ideally, you'd be asking permission from anybody you're planning to borrow from.
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

I do not know how to write weapons code, would anyone care to help out?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I wrote some tutorials some years ago; they're a bit dated, but should still help you with the basics.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

wildweasel wrote:Credits are the bare minimum I expect out of someone wanting to borrow from a mod. Ideally, you'd be asking permission from anybody you're planning to borrow from.
Even with the stuff from realm667? I'm working on a map that uses a bunch of these realm667 submission and have a long credit file with all the information for it but I haven't contacted any of the creators, I'm expectng that they gave the premission to use their stuff for mods to everyone when they submitted it but I'm not sure after reading your post
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Realm667 is something of a special case, as most things are submitted there in the full expectation that there is no need to ask. Even they, however, ask that they be credited (and don't just write "thanks to realm667" in your read me file and be done with it).

Return to “Requests”