Mod proofreading, please?

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Mod proofreading, please?

Post by m8f »

I've made a bunch of mods:
Spoiler:
and they contain mostly text (option menus and on-screen messages). English isn't my primary language, and my language skills are far, far from perfect. I try to check grammar and spelling in everything I write, but I understand that something could slip through: bad phrasing, uncommon word combinations, and of course grammar mistakes.

So, would you be so kind to proofread texts in these small mods? Any kind of language usage feedback will be appreciated, including nitpicking and style remarks.

In exchange I can provide the following:
1. Your name in credits (obviously);
2. Scripting help with your project: ACS and ZScript (excluding the most advanced topics);
3. Extended support for your project in said mods.

I can extract user-visible text from configuration files and code so proofreader won't have to do extra work.
Rowsol

Re: Mod proofreading, please?

Post by Rowsol »

Sure, message me with whatever you want proofed. There has to be a website that can do that for ya though.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

Rowsol wrote:Sure, message me with whatever you want proofed. There has to be a website that can do that for ya though.
What website?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Apaul27 wrote:
Rowsol wrote:Sure, message me with whatever you want proofed. There has to be a website that can do that for ya though.
What website?
The first non-sponsored Google search result for "proofreading website."

Return to “Requests”