Resident Evil 3 sound effects

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Reactor

Resident Evil 3 sound effects

Post by Reactor »

Well, folks, this is one of those very rare occassions, when I could not obtain the resources I need, not even with the best efforts. What I need is the sound effects from Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis. No, not the dialogues or the songs, but the in-game sound effects (weapons, monsters, things like this). Some of them can become very useful after a little tweaking, unfortunately, many of them cannot be hard ripped.
I had luck of finding an application named "biofat", which would supposedly read RE3's DAT files, but alas, it doesn't. I also tried another tool called "reevengi-tools", but it has no executable whatsoever. From what I read, the sound files are in .VB format inside the .DAT files (so Dragon won't be able to rip them either), which can be played with PSound. If anyone of you could crack them open, I would be really thankful!

Here are the resource files. I am not sure which one has the sound FX:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pCpOZ ... pdlNdSWMDs
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Resident Evil 3 sound effects

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Haven't downloaded this yet to try, but there is a little program that reads Dino Crisis 2 DAT files, and works fine. I managed to rip casing sounds and weapon pickups for Factotum that way.

the name of the program is "Dino Crisis 2 File Tool". Why don't you give it a try?

Return to “Requests”