Need some particular weapons replacements...

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hidden Hands

Need some particular weapons replacements...

Post by Hidden Hands »

Okay so I did make a bunch of new weapons for my game, but the problem is I can't seem to get them looking right and being a one man team means this is taking forever. The weapons need to have a cartoon-ish style to them (but not as much as Action Doom 2) just to give it a more 8-bit/16 bit vibe. But still leaning towards DOOM 2 quality.

What I need is some unique weapons to replace:

1. Chainsaw (I need a circular saw preferably.)
2. Pistol (A simple handgun would be great)
3. Shotgun (Again, a new shotgun will be fine but preferably with a cartoonish look).
4. Super Shotgun (Likewise).
5. Chaingun (Something like a nail gun would be nice or even more colourful variant of the chaingun or mini gun.)
5. Rocket Launcher (Now for this I want something special - maybe a cannon of some kind with a very comical style).
6. Plasma Rifle (Custard Pie launcher, perhaps a knife launcher or something unusual, maybe even a type of grenade launcher variant ... any ideas welcomed. )
7. BFG 9000. (I want something insane - maybe a spell book that sucks everything to death. Or a wand? Something arcane and magical.)

If anything like this already exists, please link here if you can. If anyone is interested in helping make some of these new weapons, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Need some particular weapons replacements...

Post by Endie »

Oh hey, for the chainsaw, there's the FreeDoom one, wich is circular and looks more like a cartoon than original Doom, and less than UB2. you should check, if possible. Or i can do some animations since i have lots of freedoom sprites ripped, along with the handgun and, i guess (not sure) that there is a "Necronomicon" on Realm667 that have that "Chuck Norris written book-bfg Replacer" look that you might need.

Return to “Requests”