Smooth Textures with glowing flats and brightmaps

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
pikio96

Smooth Textures with glowing flats and brightmaps

Post by pikio96 »

I've never made one of these threads but I wanted to try my luck.

So I have been looking for a long time for a nice little texture upgrade for Doom and Doom II. And there's a ton of amazing stuff out there. So I collected these nice little mods only to find that a lot of brightmaps don't work with the Smooth Textures found here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=45550

And then I found these awesome liquid textures: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=55161 but I can't figure out how to make them glow. I basically just wanted to see if anyone could take on the task of making those nice flats by Rachael glow, and making those smooth textures found in the Smooth Doom topic compatible with brightmaps for me. It's probably easy but I can't figure it out, sorry if it all seems stupidly simple.

Thanks to anyone that attempts this.

Return to “Requests”