[REQUEST] A 'dumb-ass' question!

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cmw1986

[REQUEST] A 'dumb-ass' question!

Post by cmw1986 »

Is anybody here good at removing backgrounds of pictures?. I have here a silly, yet semi-official, picture I edited a few days ago and I need its sky background eliminated along with the word 'JACK-ASS' written on it too. The pic happens to be a cool idea in regards to my FPS project and I was wondering if someone can help me out with it. Assistance from a fellow forum member anyone?. :|

Here, check out what I made, HA! :D
DUMBASS!.png
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [REQUEST] A 'dumb-ass' question!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry pal, best thing i could do in two minutes.
DUMBASS!.png
DUMBASS!.png (21.47 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Clay

Post by Clay »

This could me done in GIMP after a 2 minutes google search. Looks like GAA1992 Used a fuzzy select or magic wand and a clone brush.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Kind of. I used selection by color to remove the background, selected a portion of its butt, painted it over and used the blurring tool for removing the "Jack-ass", indexed image to disguise the blurring marks and deleted some stray pixels.
Clay

Post by Clay »

GAA1992 wrote:Kind of. I used selection by color to remove the background, selected a portion of its butt, painted it over and used the blurring tool for removing the "Jack-ass", indexed image to disguise the blurring marks and deleted some stray pixels.

Good stuff. Love GIMP.
cmw1986

Post by cmw1986 »

GAA1992 wrote:Sorry pal, best thing i could do in two minutes.
DUMBASS!.png
DUMBASS!.png (48.43 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Actually, that doesn't look that bad there GAA1992. I think you did a great job! (although, there are some pixel-sized errors, but I will fix them myself!). I will use it for the time being, but like I said, the official image will come later in the future. Thanks anyways! Cheers!. 8-) :thumb:

-cmw1986

Return to “Requests”