Need a Doom 64-style assault rifle

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Retraux Squid

Need a Doom 64-style assault rifle

Post by Retraux Squid »

I'm looking for an assault rifle (first-person sprites, pickups optional) that fits the Doom 64 aesthetic.

I know Brutal Doom 64 has one that's indeed quite nice, but it has that distinct Brutal Doom orange muzzle-flash that clashes with every other weapon sprite. If I could get this weapon with Doom 64 style muzzleflashes (and some of that weird pixel clutter on the back of the carrying handle cleaned up) I'd be quite happy.
SiFi270

Re: Need a Doom 64-style assault rifle

Post by SiFi270 »

Ninlhil wrote:The original post had this attached apparently you can't quote attachments or something
The Carbine I have been working on, now in functional form.

Feel Free to edit it and use it, just give credit.
I always felt that if the grey parts on this one were darkened they'd match the gun carried by the Marine in third person view. But Brutal 64's pickup sprite might be closer to that than the one shown above, so that may still be worth using.

Return to “Requests”