DOOM 3 monster generator descriptions etc

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hidden Hands

DOOM 3 monster generator descriptions etc

Post by Hidden Hands »

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask for this, but I'm looking for some resources I can't find anywhere unless I play through the whole of DOOM 3. (Which I'm doing again because I want to anyway, but its not just a convenient way to work). In particular, I wanted the script for several parts of the game.

Firstly, there is one part of DOOM 3 in which you discover a room filled with generators and inside are mutilated bits of demons, and you can examine the little computer screen in front of each tank and it gives a description (from the UAC perspective) on the beings they have captured. There was some very interesting stuff in there that I would like to read again on paper.

Secondly, DOOM 3 speaks of an ancient warrior who fought the demons with the Soul Cube and an ancient civilisation on Mars that was wiped out by the demons before hand. This was described amidst a room full of stone tablets (that resembled DOOM 1's cover artwork.)

Anything else is a bonus. Hope someone can locate me this in a text form or point in the right direction to find it.

Thank you in advance.
TensorMatrix

Re: DOOM 3 monster generator descriptions etc

Post by TensorMatrix »

If you mean the PDA messages, you can find them in: <path to Doom3>/base/pak000.pk4

Inside that pk4 there is an folder "newpdas", every pda file is located there and they can be opened via notepad. The file you are looking for is called "info_emails.pda"
Hidden Hands

Re: DOOM 3 monster generator descriptions etc

Post by Hidden Hands »

TensorMatrix wrote:If you mean the PDA messages, you can find them in: <path to Doom3>/base/pak000.pk4

Inside that pk4 there is an folder "newpdas", every pda file is located there and they can be opened via notepad. The file you are looking for is called "info_emails.pda"
Hey, nice one! On the ball. Thanks a lot! I have them now. :)

Return to “Requests”