Muzzleflash this Nailgun

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nevander

Muzzleflash this Nailgun

Post by Nevander »

Nothing fancy, just a simple flash kinda like Quake's (even though it was part of the model). One flash on each sprite, one on the left side and one on the right. I'd prefer a Doom 64 style flash, so I've included a Doom 64 flash so you have the colors you need. (Credit to HellCatX and Midway btw).
nailgun_unmuzzled.png
nailgun_unmuzzled.png (7.87 KiB) Viewed 597 times
SiFi270

Re: Muzzleflash this Nailgun

Post by SiFi270 »

Not completely relevant, but does anyone else feel like the barrels on that are too wide considering how thin the projectiles they shoot are? Maybe that's just me and maybe that's just because I first saw the sprite used as DRLA's Hurricane Cannon, which shoots a barrage of rockets like Duke3D's Devastator. But I still think it'd work just as well if the barrels were the same size and distance apart as their counterparts in Quake 1.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

How's this?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Very nice, maybe add some of the flash inside the barrel at the black holes. The flash itself might be a bit big, maybe reduce the flash size by about 20%-ish. Sorry to nitpick lol. That looks great though.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

You may also be interested in these sprites that Eriance made for Demon Eclipse, which I've applied some more D64-esque colors to. If you still prefer the UAC model, then I'll gladly shut up and vacate this thread forever.
Attachments
erinails.png
erinails.png (13.79 KiB) Viewed 560 times
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

How about this then?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Perfect! Thanks, this will greatly improve my Nailgun for Doom 64 Retribution's new episode. Yep it's gonna have a Nailgun. I am taking careful consideration of what new stuff to add, and after playing through Quake again recently I realized just how similar Doom 64 is to Quake. Doom 64 really needs a solid Nailgun, at least for an expansion mapset.

Return to “Requests”