Good melee weapon

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NourPrince

Good melee weapon

Post by NourPrince »

Hi there! I'm making a weapon mod and out of all the things I can find, I didn't find any good melee weapons. Partly due to their usage is less but meh.

I just asking if there's a good melee weapons (let it be a bat, or a metal bat, or knives or a kitana or a sword) that would be used. Thank you. :)
Reactor

Re: Good melee weapon

Post by Reactor »

Currently I have a dagger knife and a baton. You can see their GIF preview in the "Little known FPS weapons" topic. If they're good enough, I'll give you the download link, as before :)
NourPrince

Post by NourPrince »

Well, I saw the Baton, which I dunno if it's supposed to represent a machete or not since it doesn't look like sharp at all. :\
I couldn't find the dagger knife here, so it would be great if you could send it me here. :)
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Oooohhh, I seem to have forgotted to upload the dagger preview! Well, no matter, here it is!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3QNHp ... sp=sharing
NourPrince

Post by NourPrince »

It's pretty good... but something feels off.

Apart from the 3D Rip, which I didn't want, its animation ain't good. :\
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Interesting. I've played several FPS games, and this one had the best dagger amongst all.
I'm also working on 2 more melee weapons, but it'll take some time to finish them :?
NourPrince

Post by NourPrince »

Take your time.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but both melee weapons will be akin to the chainsaw (so they won't be like a bat, a knife or a machete at all). There'll be a Vibro Blade, and a Thermic Lance, both will be used by the same character (the Vibro Blade is silent).
However, I think I have some good news for you, fam :) I did some research amongst the FPS games to fulfill your appetite, and I stumbled across something which mite be useful: The game "Country Justice" has a pretty good-looking baseball-bat, and the 60-minute demo of the game is freely available to download. Its animation does not seem to consist more than 10 frames, so I'd say give it a shot.
Attachments
Country Justice baseball bat
Country Justice baseball bat
Baseballbat.png (177.14 KiB) Viewed 539 times

Return to “Requests”