[Textures] Stained Glass Windows

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
RockstarRaccoon

[Textures] Stained Glass Windows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

One of Hexen's most eye-popping features was Stained Glass Windows, which you could shatter with an attack. I wanted to use a few more variants of them for the ZHexen project, but found that no one really makes them. I posted this here to see if anyone had any, but I eventually ended up making them on my own after a lackluster response. I'd still like more, and I know that someone else will probably be looking for them, so here's a thread for Stained Glass Windows.

If you submit some, I'll add them to this set!

Download from...
Realm667
Google Drive

---- Currently Submitted Textures ----
Raccoon's Large Stained-Glass pack.
- multiple sizes of the class windows, the broken windows, the windows from Heretic, Hexen, and the Hexen Beta, and one for the Heresiarch. Also contains (broken) ACS code for the breakable windows.

Mikk's incomplete windows

---- Textures I've yet to include ----
Corvus - viewtopic.php?p=990563#p990563
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [REQUEST] Stained Glass Windows

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Check if you can find some from my thread.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Seen as they are made out of solid colours they are really easy to edit.
RockstarRaccoon

Ozymandias81 wrote:Check if you can find some from [url=<a title="Linkification: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50679" href="viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50679" class="linkification-ext">viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50679</a>]my thread[/url].
I need them to fit with the style that Hexen has them in, because I want to stay faithful to that... I don't think any of these have that style for drawing them.
Raziel236 wrote:Seen as they are made out of solid colours they are really easy to edit.
You'd think that, but no: because they are meticulously crafted like that, I can't use any short-cuts like rendering things or colorizing/noiseing large swaths and applying "tillable blur". What's easier is to see if anyone has any or wants to make any before I spend the time on it.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

excuse me? shortcuts? all you have to do is create new shapes in the windows.. I wouldn't call them meticulously crafted. In fact, like I eluded to, they are some of the more simpler textures in the game.
RockstarRaccoon

This took longer than I think I've ever worked on a texture by far. DAMN that was some meticulous work... Fortunately, the first one was reusable for the others.
[ MOVED DOWN 2 POSTS ]

There, the community has some alternate 2-block wide windows...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Lol, welcome to spriting.
Great work!! : )
RockstarRaccoon

In case anyone wants some of the multitude of Stained Glass variations I just did, here's a PK3.
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B469x ... nBveDh3ek0

Note that I've updated this a few times, and may be adding more to it in the future, so be sure to look back at it if you're using Stained Glass.

Samples (slightly outdated)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

And for anyone who wants to add new classes to the windows...

Note that the style of the class windows is depicting them as heroes surrounded by flowers, so if you want to make enemies, you should use a different design...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

I had a spare moment and whipped up a couple of extra hexen stained glass windows

and another one that needs some work ...
RockstarRaccoon

Oh! These are good!
Mind if I add them to that pack? It'd be nice to consolidate these windows so we'll see them all used...
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

I think you've gone a bit crazy on the black lines. On the originals they only used them for where lines would be on a real thing.
RockstarRaccoon

Yeah, you might wanna look at using the black lines to add details to it instead of just breaking up the single color. These are pretty good though, and they fit well with the game's style aside from that improvement. :3
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Yeah that's true, especially on the symbol of chaos window pane. I might try again tomorrow
RockstarRaccoon

Mikk- wrote:Yeah that's true, especially on the symbol of chaos window pane. I might try again tomorrow
When you do, please post them here, because I'd like to build up a supply of these things for mappers.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

I'll make a few. ; )

Return to “Resources”