[Request] "Redesigned" Cyberdemon and Mastermind

Requests go in THIS forum!

Re: [Request] "Redesigned" Cyberdemon and Mastermind

Postby Captain J » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:49 pm

oops, sorry there. i just almost forgot. and, are you sure does making that acolyte's helmet's rotation is possible? it was used to be from it's mugshot, though. scailed one from original sprite could be take a lot's of moment while polishing it.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:50 am

Captain J wrote:oops, sorry there. i just almost forgot. and, are you sure does making that acolyte's helmet's rotation is possible? it was used to be from it's mugshot, though. scailed one from original sprite could be take a lot's of moment while polishing it.

Of course it needs excessive work to make all the rotations, this is just the beginning. Firstly, we need to make a nice sprite from how he look face to face, and then we continue and then publish it. From my part i love my CyberDemon Sprite, it looks Kick-Ass and i put detail just like the picture. Well, i need to know what Wildweasel believe.
Immortal Destroyer
Born to be WILD! :)
Banned User

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 am

EDIT; Spider Mastermind done. Please go down to see him.
Last edited by Immortal Destroyer on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:28 am

we hope you can finish it right up so we can see what does looks like, maybe that's going to be much better. and BTW, please use edit button to add a additional words at your latest post next time.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Slax » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:56 am

Immortal Destroyer wrote:Image

Polish the armor some (shadows, lighting, overall look) and I imagine this'll work just fine.
Slax
Saucy.
... in loving memory ...

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 am

SPIDER-MASTERMIND PROGRESS;

Well, i just done the Spider Mastermind;

(Sorry if it looks weird, i just increase the image size quickly)

Review; This Mastermind will run like an Arch-Vile due to his wheels and his legs will increase his running speed so we have a "Fast-Mastermind" designed with 3 Chainguns, to better fit with ww-doomnukem (Accessories to Murder) due to the extreme Chaingun fire speed. Also added a Bright Eye effect.

Slax wrote:Polish the armor some (shadows, lighting, overall look) and I imagine this'll work just fine.

CYBERDEMON PROGRESS;

*Shadows* Well, i put shadows (Not completely done yet).
*Lighting* Done.
*Overall Look* Awesome!

New N' Old look;

Image <---- NEW / OLD ----> Image

Changes; Fixed his helmet (Before, it shows some pixels from the original CyberDemon), Improved legs, Added Rocket Backpack connected with the lines between his hands, Shadows, Lighting, Brights and Improved Armor.

Please tell me what did you think. :D

EDIT; Removed some junk.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby Gez » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 am

Doesn't really make sense to have both tracks and legs. I can't see how using both at once would be beneficial.

I suppose you could replace the legs by limbs used for attacks. Alternatively, have it walk around as normal, but sometimes drop down on the tracks, with legs raised, and charge at high speed, Maulotaur style. The reasoning would be that the legs are used for general mobility (can climb over steps and stuff easily) but the tracks allow to perform a crushing charge on flat surfaces.

But generally, I don't find that design convincing.
Gez

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:39 am

Gez wrote:Doesn't really make sense to have both tracks and legs. I can't see how using both at once would be beneficial.

I suppose you could replace the legs by limbs used for attacks. Alternatively, have it walk around as normal, but sometimes drop down on the tracks, with legs raised, and charge at high speed, Maulotaur style. The reasoning would be that the legs are used for general mobility (can climb over steps and stuff easily) but the tracks allow to perform a crushing charge on flat surfaces.

But generally, I don't find that design convincing.

I respect your opinion, even if i don't agree :D . Thanks for telling me.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:47 am

well, come to think of it, i didn't saw those original sized sprites; for make 'em as handy for re-edit. so can you please resize those sprites into a original size? i can fix something also improve it hard as i can.

or, is this size's a original?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:03 am

Captain J wrote:well, come to think of it, i didn't saw those original sized sprites; for make 'em as handy for re-edit. so can you please resize those sprites into a original size? i can fix something also improve it hard as i can.

or, is this size's a original?

Arch send it with this size, the original Doom size was 82X108 pixels. And i have a question; Can you please pay larger attention to your posts? You have bunch of errors in this comment. I know even me don't pay too much attention, but at least people can understand me. I can't understand the rest of the comment.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:19 am

well, i DO paying a larger attentions to my posts, actually. i tried my best to picking out of some errors, but my grammar skills are not enough. i'm not a american or english, i'm an asian, also i came here for learning how to conversation with english.

Excuse me about my lack of intelligent; i can't do it as perfect.

246tavl.png
i did and...it is shaped ugly, i think.

i just polished armours and missing lines and hoses, and i'm gonna leave it as it is. needs more polishing stuff, weasel?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Arch » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:13 am

Captain J wrote:so can you please resize those sprites into a original size?

I doubled the size of that first sprite, so a 50% reduction should fix it to the right size. :wink:
Arch
Arrr!

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:04 am

Captain J wrote:well, i DO paying a larger attentions to my posts, actually. i tried my best to picking out of some errors, but my grammar skills are not enough. i'm not a american or english, i'm an asian, also i came here for learning how to conversation with english.

Excuse me about my lack of intelligent; i can't do it as perfect.

246tavl.png
i did and...it is shaped ugly, i think.

i just polished armours and missing lines and hoses, and i'm gonna leave it as it is. needs more polishing stuff, weasel?

About the English Subject; I didn't knew that you were an Asian, Excuse me please.

About the CyberDemon; The Helmet contains an interesting shade, i will modify it (maybe).
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby Yholl » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Immortal Destroyer wrote:SPIDER-MASTERMIND PROGRESS;

The treads plus legs thing really doesn't work for this design. Legs of that nature simply cannot work in tandem with wheels or treads. If you want to use the treads, I recommend getting the chassis from the Supreme Fiend, which has no legs attached, and edit from that as a base. With the space from the missing legs, perhaps you could stick additional weapons like a missile rack on the sides of the chassis.

He'll look pretty weird then too, due to being really vertical rather than horizontal. A really big wide chassis and treads would be best to complete that look without looking a bit odd.

Captain J wrote:i just polished armours and missing lines and hoses, and i'm gonna leave it as it is. needs more polishing stuff, weasel?

The connecting arm belt and helmet are definitely an improvement on the Cyberdemon. The helmet has been weirding me out all this time because of the weird brown and grey colors at the bottom.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:20 am

Yholl wrote:The connecting arm belt and helmet are definitely an improvement on the Cyberdemon. The helmet has been weirding me out all this time because of the weird brown and grey colors at the bottom.

That is fixed in my final look (Actually, not my final look, i will work more on this later) but the brown pixels completely fixed, and there's no weird grey colors at the bottom, i didn't notice any. Do you mean the brown pixels between his horns? Then yes, i agree with you but that can easily be solved.

EDIT; And the Spider Mastermind was an improvement, i know that his new legs seem to work weirdly, but it's like future technology, and i think his eyes and Chainguns fit perfectly.

EDIT2; Done the CyberDemon;

Image <---- NEW / OLD ----> Image

Done the Helmet (No brown pixels), fixed his lines, improved tacks, improved helmet, improved armor and improved Air mask in his helmet.

Credits; Arch for the Original Sprite, Me, Tomicapo, and Captain J (You are a part now too) :D .
Last edited by Immortal Destroyer on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

PreviousNext

Return to Requests