[Request] Icon of Sin Body Complete (only sprite)

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Re: [Request] Icon of Sin Body Complete (only sprite)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

I started scripting and animating it now

ReedtheStrange wrote:I'm surprised no one has come up with a winged version. The Baphomet in Islamic beliefs had wings and also had wings when ancient Christians adopted the Baphomet in their beliefs.

Although, the Baphomet also had breasts and while I think it could be tastefully done, I don't know how people would react to that.
I have never seen the thing begin referred as the Baphomet (exept in Final Doom, but Final Doom is not an official game made by id Software, so...)
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The Baphomet isn't supped to be a demon, s/he is not an evil monster and I don't recall anyone referring to the Final Boss as the Baphomet.
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I started scripting and animating it now

ReedtheStrange wrote:I'm surprised no one has come up with a winged version. The Baphomet in Islamic beliefs had wings and also had wings when ancient Christians adopted the Baphomet in their beliefs.

Although, the Baphomet also had breasts and while I think it could be tastefully done, I don't know how people would react to that.
I have never seen the thing begin referred as the Baphomet (exept in Final Doom, but Final Doom is not an official game made by id Software, so...)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Enjay wrote:Like we always do with pixellated boobies: a protracted discussion airing the same views as we always do, including Randy's (assumed) relationship and contract with his host, a comparison of attitudes towards violent imagery versus sexual imagery, comparisons of different international attitudes to the same and, eventually petering out having neither solved anything nor changed anyone's opinion. :P
And a certain someone absolutely flipping his shit over it despite frequent warnings to stop. =P
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

That looks quite good ingame. I'd recommend a bit of head movement so it doesn't look like the Icon face slapped on a random monster. :P
mallo

Post by mallo »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Final concepts. Increased the arm expessure and changed the bones colour to better match it's skin. Now, before I start animating it, should I go with the 4-armed or 6-armed/Eldritch Abomination version?

(click to enlarge)
Holy crap, this is awesome!

(Thought of making him start with 4 arms and then 2 more arms growing out of him? :P)
Sergeant_Mark_IV

0bsidian wrote:That looks quite good ingame. I'd recommend a bit of head movement so it doesn't look like the Icon face slapped on a random monster. :P

And he does.

I will soon record some gameplay footage.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

mallo wrote:No. Brutal Doom is supposed to work as only replacement wad. It shouldn't have some brand-new actors that don't replace anyone.
That's not what i meant Sir :),
What i meant is make it a boss that replaces the original Icon of Sin, sorry for the lack of detail i had no time to post in the first place i just quick checked it and liked it ;). But it would be cool if it could replace the original IOS and make a nice bossfight out of it :), ofcourse Mark has to decide this, and decide if or not he'll make a map specifically for that, but it's just an opinion and an idea of my own, and if i could code and map, i'd do this if i had permission :).
Sergeant_Mark_IV

It's impossible to directly replace the bossbrain actor due how he is placed (plus the ceiling height in that map is not high enough), so, I am making a whole new MAP30. This replacement will able to replace any map in any megawad.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:It's impossible to directly replace the bossbrain actor due how he is placed (plus the ceiling height in that map is not high enough), so, I am making a whole new MAP30. This replacement will able to replace any map in any megawad.
Sweet. Now we just need the author of every megawad ever made to create a MAP30 with the new Icon of Sin.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:It's impossible to directly replace the bossbrain actor due how he is placed (plus the ceiling height in that map is not high enough), so, I am making a whole new MAP30. This replacement will able to replace any map in any megawad.
yes woohoo
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
Sweet. Now we just need the author of every megawad ever made to create a MAP30 with the new Icon of Sin.
Gimme a black and white version and I can make one for the Monochrome Map Project. :P
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I always wanted to do a Baphomet that initally looks exactly like the original, but rapidly tears the wall holding it apart, revealing a polygonal body with the wall panel loosely hanging around its neck.

Mark's attempt is really cool, but something about just seems... missing. That's not a knock against his work so far, but given the apparent vast HP, there could possibly be more to be done to shake up the encounter. Multiple battlezones he warps away to as he loses health, ala Hexen? Additional stages ala Dracula in most Castlevanias? I dunno, just spitballing here.
Sergeant_Mark_IV

As he looses health, his attacks starts to change. At 25% health, he will start casting some more powerful spells that will destroy anything in 1/3 of the map.

Return to “Requests”