[Request] Stock doom weapons with Reloading?

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
doomfiend

[Request] Stock doom weapons with Reloading?

Post by doomfiend »

I'm hard at work on my project Extreme survival, and I was thinking on tweaking the game-play a bit by adding a reload command [R] to some of the weapons. How ever when it comes to decorate code its like watching me go through the 'special Olympics' I don't understand how to do any of it. I've looked at dozens and dozens of resources and tutorials (Zdoom wiki being my main location for said tutorials) before I gave up. If some one could kindly give me a hand here that would be much appreciated. :D thanks
jpalomo

Re: [Request] Stock doom weapons with Reloading?

Post by jpalomo »

I have something that I can fix up a bit to suit your needs. Just give me a few minutes and I'll post the code (or a file).

I got the super shotgun done. I changed the damage and spread a little so its more useful for close burst damage. You can revert it by using [wiki]A_FireShotgun2[/wiki] instead of A_FireBullets.

EDIT:
To be honest, I'm not sure how well the other weapons would really work with reloading, especially the chaingun. I can do the shotgun, and maybe the pistol, but I would probably need to change some of the original behavior to accomplish that. Also, there is the lack of proper sprites for the weapons so I would need to do reloading similar to Goldeneye (weapon lowers, weapon reloads out of sight, then weapon raises back up).

EDIT2:
I did the pistol, shotgun, and supershotgun. Feel free to use this however you want. Take it apart, learn from it, modify it.
Attachments
Reloading Weapons.pk3
Uses the +reload defined in ZDoom. Set the key in the controls menu.
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 2058 times
Last edited by jpalomo on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

wow, thank you so much!
Z86

Post by Z86 »

An old test wad of mine, contains a lot of reloading sprites and some working code as well. Some weapons are modified, but the reload for the pistol, plasmagun, BFG, shotgun is ought to be fine for the original weapons as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4j9ahw43ytqjmcm
rsl

Post by rsl »

I made a couple "enhanced vanilla set" modifications a while back - you might want to check them out for stuff (code and sprites):

Revenge: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15913
DOOM NG: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16080
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Okay, I'm starting to get the hang of it. decided to take some of Erience's sprites for the pistol, plasma, and bfg. but I have run into a major problem. The weapon's I've edited in z86's wad do not show up for me at all now when I try to select them in game. Could some one help me out with this? oh and almost forgot, and the shotgun(s) are trying to use the default stock animations and not using the new sprites in this wad. I've gotta finish the fist so that's understandable have not finished putting the rest of the sprites in from Perkistans smooth weapons yet, Sorry for bothering you peoples. D:

(Note: This only works for Skulltag for now due to the Skulltag weapons)
http://www.speedyshare.com/file/eHKgs/E ... ources.rar
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Well... you are missing sprites for some of the weapons (not including the fist). Just open up the console and look at the errors that show up after loading the first map. Also, it looks like you haven't defined any [wiki]weapon slots[/wiki] at all. I don't remember how up-to-date Skulltag is with weapon slots, but you can use at least one of the methods (don't use more than 1).

As for the shotgun issue, it looks like you have 2 different sprite sets for the same weapon.

On top of everything, you seem to be missing some actor definitions. Again, check the console for the errors.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

oh okay, thanks bud I'll look into it.
cowmilker69

Post by cowmilker69 »

Hey Z86 can i use the shotgun reloading sprites?
Z86

Post by Z86 »

Of course. Feel free to do so.
Uzver

Post by Uzver »

Fully working stock doom weapons with reloading system (even you need to reload your chainsaw) with some little modifications from vanilla in order to make fist and pistol more usable. Requires ZDoom since it uses a DECORATE.

Changes from vanilla doom:
1) You need to reload every weapon.
2) Smooth weapon animations (taken from improving PerK's smooth animations mod.)
3) No auto item pickup anymore. You need to switch to the fists and press altfire in order to pickup item.
4) Pistol always shoot accurately.
5) You can't normally interrupt a reload (except for a shootgun) by pressing a weapon slot or a fire button. But you can still interrupt a reload by dropping your weapon.
5) With a shootgun after every shoot you need to press altfire in order to use a fore-end of your shotgun
6) You need to manually reload a super shotgun after every shoot.
6) You have an infinite fuel for chainsaw, but you need to reload your chainsaw. Also working chainsaw in idle state alerts monsters and consumes fuel.
7) Fists don't alert monsters anymore.

Known bugs:
1) Every weapon don't have an unique weapon reload sound and reloading animation except for super shotgun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34w3k2ijsgk6j ... d.pk3?dl=0
Uzver

Post by Uzver »

Updated version. Now every weapon have reload animation
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfw4zjrwv696e ... 6.pk3?dl=0
Pluton

Post by Pluton »

Uzver wrote:Updated version. Now every weapon have reload animation
Hi there,

This mod is great but I have two issues :
- How can I run this along with a custom WAD in ZDoom ?
- Could you please make a version without all the "Hand and alt-fire to loot", just the usual auto-pick-up system ?

Thanks
Thenuke

Post by Thenuke »

Uzver wrote:Updated version. Now every weapon have reload animation
Hi, I have a problem with this mod. I can't pick up any item.

Is there any way to fix this, please ?
Thedarkcube

Post by Thedarkcube »

You have to switch to your hand and pick stuff up manually with the alt fire

Return to “Requests”