[Request] need npc sprites!

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
yuyu3

[Request] need npc sprites!

Post by yuyu3 »

Well actually i´m making a wad that starts in an office, but there is the problem, i need some npc sprites, I need normal people sprites, i mean doom type sprites but without weapons or strange suits, just dressed like with casual shits and pants, thanks i´ll be waiting.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Request] need npc sprites!

Post by wildweasel »

Welcome to the forums, yuyu - I've taken the liberty of placing your request thread somewhere that it might be more easily noticed (i.e. the Resources forum).
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

yuyu3 wrote:Well actually i´m making a wad that starts in an office, but there is the problem, i need some npc sprites, I need normal people sprites, i mean doom type sprites but without weapons or strange suits, just dressed like with casual shits and pants, thanks i´ll be waiting.
There is an 'r' in 'shirts', just so you know :P
Anyways Strife might be a good place to start. The sprites there look a little 'old-timey', but with some modification, I think you could get the casual dress look you want.
yuyu3

Post by yuyu3 »

Yes i extracted the strife graphics but i need more variety, like women, and considering that i am not good enough in editing sprites its a lot harder, i have tried looking for alternative strife skins but no luck so far.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

yuyu3 wrote:Yes i extracted the strife graphics but i need more variety, like women
Try experimenting with the male peasant graphics; narrow the shoulders, take a little out at the waist, widen the hips. For reference, you could Google up some fashion pictures to see how loose & tight clothing hangs of a female figure vs. a male. It'll take practice, I'm sure, but you could adapt those male graphics to female.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Unfortunately, there has been a need and lack of civilian sprites for a very long time now. I have tried to do something a couple of times myself but, quite simply, my skill is not enough. :(
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

Doesn't ghostbusters doom have some civilian sprites?
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

Enjay wrote:my skill is not enough. :(
So I'm guessing you failed it? :P

I've been thinking of getting people to get on my human turntable to make sprites out of their photos. Of course edit them to look more doomy.
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

Sodaholic wrote:
Enjay wrote:my skill is not enough. :(
So I'm guessing you failed it? :P

I've been thinking of getting people to get on my human turntable to make sprites out of their photos. Of course edit them to look more doomy.
I go for it.
Xim

Post by Xim »

I made this sprite set, by editing the "Work Man" sprite, but nobody seems to remember it. :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

IIRC, I may have made the original workman by editing Scuba Steve's Ghostbuster Doom security guard/policeman and sicking a size-altered Strife head on him. However, both Steve's sprite and the edit of it suffer from the hands being adapted from the Doom player/Zombie position with the gun removed. The hands simply aren't in a natural position and look odd in a few poses (esp when chained together like in the walking animation).

We still need some nice "general public" sprites. There are a few (again) in Ghostbusters Doom (A woman, a guy or two wearing a suit and some mechanics IIRC) but they are just single frames intended for use as scenery.

[edit]
[/edit]
yuyu3

Post by yuyu3 »

Thnks to everyone!, just what i was looking for.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Since your ripping sprites, you may want to look into adventure games. Point and click adventures. They should contain walking animations for the front side and back, and sometimes even that 45' view.....you could totally put the schmuck from darkseed in a wad.....not that i'm a fan of sprite ripping....
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I strongly recommend GTA 3 or GTA Vice City, they have tons of civilians.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Reactor wrote:I strongly recommend GTA 3 or GTA Vice City, they have tons of civilians.
And perfectly in Doom style too... :roll:

Return to “Requests”