[Request] Trees

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Killar

[Request] Trees

Post by Killar »

Anyone know where I could find tree sprites that would fit in Doom?(Not like the original Doom trees that do not have leaves)
Last edited by Killar on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Ferstat

Re: [Request] Trees

Post by David Ferstat »

Have you looked through the Hexen & Heretic IWADs? Last time I checked they had a range of trees, including a pine/conifer that could catch fire.
Killar

Post by Killar »

Hexen has a brown tree, but it's leaves aren't green, or yellow, or red... But I haven't thought about the other trees.
CruX

Post by CruX »

Strife has one that looks pretty good. Course, Daggerfall has tons, but you'd have to do some finagling to those, since the palette probably won't convert properly.
chopkinsca

Post by chopkinsca »

Phocas2.wad has some awesome trees.
printz

Post by printz »

Try to somehow extract the trees from Age of Empires 2... I'm just saying that that game has lots of them, at good detail.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

printz wrote:Try to somehow extract the trees from Age of Empires 2... I'm just saying that that game has lots of them, at good detail.
Age of empires 1 has a nice variety as well.

You could also try ripping some from C&C gold and Red Alert (decent selection between the two).
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

You're going to have some difficulty with AoE trees since some of them are rendered at an isometric angle which wouldn't really translate to doom very well. Resolution might also be bad.

Return to “Requests”