[request] Nazi sounds

Requests go in THIS forum!

[request] Nazi sounds

Postby printz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:45 am

Is there a resource for Nazi German sight, pain, death and other sounds? I know of Wolfenstein 3d, but they're of low quality. The Mac Wolf3d sounds are better, I know where to find them, but they're overused. The new Wolfenstein might have some very useful pain and death (not sight, unless that "redux" mod is applied) sounds, but I yet need to find out how to extract them; WinRar acts suspiciously with those PK4. As for RTCW, I don't have it installed right now. Probably I should install it and see for myself. I believe the "Nazi bumper pack" released by CaptainToenail uses noises from RTCW?

Is there yet another resource? Please don't direct me to custom Wolf3d mods, unless their authors grant permission.
printz
Eternity, Eureka and AutoDoom programmer

Github ID: ioan-chera
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: [request] Nazi sounds

Postby Dynamo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:24 am

Check out the spear of destiny mission packs and especially Wolf Skevos Jones' excellent wolf3d mods.

I've worked with WSJ before and I'm sure he won't mind if you use his sounds (He made the voices himself for Coming of the Storm), as long as you give him proper credit.
Dynamo
Gecko on the run

Postby Enjay » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:11 am

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault has a lot of good German shouts and phrases. Some other WWII games too.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby printz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:59 am

Pretty cool. I'd rather finish all those WSJ mods before extracting sounds from them, I'm currently having fun through Castle Totenkopf and those snipers are killing me...

Enjay's reminder of other WW2 franchises is important too.
printz

Postby Enjay » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:20 am

The first CoD game probably has some and also being a Quake3 engined game (IIRC) it should be easy to extract stuff. I think the Brother's in Arms games have rippable sounds too. (Unreal Engine?)

RtCW is also easily rippable but, from memory, most of the "German" voices are actually English with a comedy / 1950's War Movie style "for you svinehoont, ze var iss over" type of accent.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby wildweasel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Call of Duty 2 has a HUGE database of German battle chatter (a small portion of which I used in wwhc-diaz). Like the first game, it's easily extractable from the .IWD archive files using 7-Zip.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Dynamo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 am

printz wrote:Pretty cool. I'd rather finish all those WSJ mods before extracting sounds from them, I'm currently having fun through Castle Totenkopf and those snipers are killing me...

Well castle totenkopf and project eisenritter mostly use sounds from other mods/games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0yYFl6ptE0 You may also like the guard's new sounds in this mod I made
Dynamo
Gecko on the run

Postby printz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 am

CKeen wrote:
printz wrote:Pretty cool. I'd rather finish all those WSJ mods before extracting sounds from them, I'm currently having fun through Castle Totenkopf and those snipers are killing me...

Well castle totenkopf and project eisenritter mostly use sounds from other mods/games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0yYFl6ptE0 You may also like the guard's new sounds in this mod I made

Heh, awesome. Looking through Totenkopf's help file, I couldn't find any credits. Looks like he forgot to credit those custom SS variety sounds, so I don't know :P
printz

Postby Dynamo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:45 pm

printz wrote:
CKeen wrote:

Heh, awesome. Looking through Totenkopf's help file, I couldn't find any credits. Looks like he forgot to credit those custom SS variety sounds, so I don't know :P

I believe most of the sounds are taken from the spear of destiny mission packs.
Dynamo
Gecko on the run

Postby printz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:16 am

To be honest I don't have any of those games (Mohaa, Cod, Lost Episodes of Spear) and don't intend to get them just to use their SFX. So after all, I'm kinda ill-suited, unless I try recording myself and somehow processing my voice.
printz

Postby NeuralStunner » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Hope the sounds from the Lost Episodes* are at least good. I find the sprites to be "lol".

* Should've stayed lost, as far as I'm concerned. (Reasons available on request.)
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Requests