[Request]Hand grenade pickup and projectile sprite

Requests go in THIS forum!

[Request]Hand grenade pickup and projectile sprite

Postby Ghastly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 am

First off, I do NOT mean a modern hand grenade. I mean a futuristic hand grenade, like Quake 2's. Also, something that fits better in Doom, since the Doom 2.5 grenade looks a little odd. Something spherical, instead of cylindrical, would look better.

I've been meaning to make a CustomInventory grenade, but I couldn't find anything, and since I have a week-long break coming up, I figured I'd finally code something for it. Would anyone be willing to make the sprites?
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Re: [Request]Hand grenade pickup and projectile sprite

Postby Enjay » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 am

Sorry, I can't help with the sprites but just a suggestion for the grenade action. I have yet to see a good throwing action (to my memory anyway) for any grenade in Doom (my own stuff included). What I mean by that is that the throws seem very quick and easy. When really throwing a grenade, there should be a proper "arm-back, pause, big-throw" action, not just a casual toss (ooer missus) or limp looking throw like most grenades I've seen in game.

Mind you, if this is going to be an inventory grenade rather than a weapon one, perhaps that isn't really within the scope of what you have planned.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: [Request]Hand grenade pickup and projectile sprite

Postby Ghastly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Enjay wrote:Mind you, if this is going to be an inventory grenade rather than a weapon one, perhaps that isn't really within the scope of what you have planned.

Yeah, it was just going to be a quick, small inventory item. Half-strength of a rocket, won't explode on direct hit and enough a time delay before it explodes.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Return to Requests