[Request] Shotgun rifle sprites?

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apothem

Re: [Request] Shotgun rifle sprites?

Post by Apothem »

Dude, Awesome. Thank you so much for your time HellCattX :D
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Lucky its my day off and i got nothing better to do lol. Here is the reloading sqeunce so far.
Spoiler:
Heres a new Test Idle and Fire frames, put with the reloading. The firing sequence in the picture from left to right, Is 2 frames of the under over shotgun firing, the next two are the side by side rifle firing.
Spoiler:
IMO it still looks goofy, but looking for your sugestions on what you think.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Actually, the idle frames looks incredibley cool. The open frame is also good, though the rifle round notsomuch. Mostly because it looks like a golden pen.

The recoil frame could also use something to make it more distinctive, so that you can tell that there's three barrels on the side.

Now excuse me while I use the idle frame for something completely different. >> <<

Though, I do have a slight request: do you think you could make the barrels longer? I only need the idle frame done, since I can add the flash and I won't be needing the other frames.
Last edited by XutaWoo on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

My biggest problem with it is that, in the idle position, it looks very short - almost pistol length - to me. I know that it is difficult to get this right with a centred weapon but it just looks wrong to me. :(

It's a cool concept for a weapon though and I think you have the basic idea working quite well.

Maybe the "shortness" is something to do with the front hand?
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

here i tryed using the Super shotgun as the base this time, before it was the over layer. i think its starting to look alot better, heres the idle frame.
However i am still not tooo happy with the rifle chambers but this is what i've gotten so far.
tryed making a bit fatter.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I dunno -- I really like the spites in the full sheet you posted -- these last two, not at all (looks very unnatural, while the other actually kinda fits despite its shortness). It might be better to work off the earlier sprite and elongate the barrels a bit.

[EDIT] -- Maybe like this:

Enjay had a point about the hand position -- lowering it a bit does make it seem a lot less small, although putting it next to the shotgun/SSG still proves that it's not the largest thing in the world...

Perhaps adding a bit more to the had below would help in making the weapon 'tall' enough for going in game. The sprite works, at least. :P
Last edited by Xaser on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Ok longer barrels and changed the outer hand.
Same thing just no lower hand.

Attempt at making the rifle bullet better.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Heh, you beat me to posting a bit -- though it doesn't exactly look natural there (the point is too steep to make it look like it's actually pointing straight ahead). Also, I'm too lazy to move the edit down here, so... time paradox! :P
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Nice i like your edit alot better. and your right, puting ur edit beside my edit does make it look like i am aiming for the stars lol.

ok after all the day's tweeking and stuff, i have made it into a wad. Still alittle small, so some tweeking might be needed, however ia m done for the day, and someone else can take it on if the so choose.
Heres a video, basic coded, uses clip and shell, Primary fire shoots buckshot, secondary fire shoots the rifles rounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1C1_em3hmA
D\l it here.
http://www.4shared.com/file/bu_mhCG8/Combogun.html

Edit as you wish, to fit your mods needs.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I'd reduce the size of the rifle barrels in the idle frame just a bit. Otherwise it's perfect!
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

BADASS!

The only thing I see missing is individual reloads for each barrel (in case the gun is shot one barrel at a time). Aside from that, it's perfect! If you can do a three barrel one (or two :P) it'd be awesome, but I can still work with this. Thank you very very much :)
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

code it as: one shot for shotgun CBGNB0,C,F,I,J,K,M,F and for one shot rifle barrle CBGNU0,V,F,P,Q,R,T,F
and here is the missing firing frams U, and V, the reson i didnt make them, as i am not to sure how to make the reload part perfect for one barrel after anoutherso i just made them fire both a once.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

That is a truly promising sprite in my eyes ;).
Prob is i dont really like the hand with the rifle bullet it doesnt look right, It is as if the bullet is stuck to the hand maybe you should try making a new sprite for it?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I know that it was Apotherm's choice, and it's probably too late anyway, but the configuration with the shotgun barrels at the side and the rifle ones top/bottom makes more sense to me. Why? Because the rifle parts are the ones where aiming is more critical and so having them centred so that you can aim down the barrel makes sense.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

ill see what i can do for ya guys, it might not be today as i got stuff to do this weekend, However if i get some spare time, ill see what i can piece together.

Return to “Requests”