[Request] HeXen Weapon Player Sprites

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AVGN

[Request] HeXen Weapon Player Sprites

Post by AVGN »

Sveikas !

is there any, or easily made sprites of the HeXen players holding the 3 weapons. When playing on co-op, it would be nice to see what weapons your friends are carrying, and it does look kind of odd the fighter punching with a sword for example.
Last edited by AVGN on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Request] HeXen Weapon Player Sprites

Post by Jimmy »

Something that might interest you is Ghastly_Dragon and Xim's collaboration on a bunch of Doom marine skins which look pretty good. I guess that's sort of what you're looking for, but for Hexen. I don't think what you're asking for has been done yet.
Last edited by Jimmy on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AVGN

Post by AVGN »

jimmy91 wrote:Please be more specific. Which three weapons? Do you want sprites for the HUD or player sprites (like skins)?
Well, for example for the fighter, if you select the fists, his walking around sprites will be weaponless and punches on attack.
When you select the hammer, he'll carry a hammer around, same with the axe and quietus sword, so yeah the skin of the characters changes for each weapon, kind of like in AoW2 when the marines change weapons it updates on their avatar walking around!.

I am very bad at spriting and editing so I was wondering if any project has this already, or if anybody is up for making them, because I can assure you they'll come VERY useful for future mods.
jimmy91 wrote:Something that might interest you is Ghastly_Dragon and Xim's collaboration on a bunch of Doom marine skins which look pretty good. I guess that's sort of what you're looking for, but for Hexen. I don't think what you're asking for has been done yet.
Thanks, yeah this is what I need, but for HeXen!
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

i guess it wouldnt be too hard to do, but yeah, someone just has to do it :P
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:i guess it wouldnt be too hard to do, but yeah, someone just has to do it :P
Xim attempted this a while ago, and he said he was unsuccessful. :(
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Is it possible to use them in multiplayer that way, though? Doing the different weapons for the Hexen player sprites is something I've had on my mind for a while, but I seem to recall looking around the forum a while back to see if it's possible to use them as MP viewable weapons like in Q2/Q3 and it seemed like the answer was "no". If it's doable, though, it might give me the motivation to do up the sprites sooner rather than later.

ETTiNGRiNDER wrote:Is it possible to use them in multiplayer that way, though? Doing the different weapons for the Hexen player sprites is something I've had on my mind for a while, but I seem to recall looking around the forum a while back to see if it's possible to use them as MP viewable weapons like in Q2/Q3 and it seemed like the answer was "no". If it's doable, though, it might give me the motivation to do up the sprites sooner rather than later.
it is possible in skulltag. its a pretty new feature but it looks pretty neat :P
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

If you REALLY need to hack this into ZDoom you can, in a limited fashion.. but you're talking about writing the player class very very carefully so there are no points where the weapons don't sync properly.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
.+:icytux:+. wrote:i guess it wouldnt be too hard to do, but yeah, someone just has to do it :P
Yeah, I'm not even that big of a Hexen fan, so my motivation is low to try again. :roll:
AVGN

Post by AVGN »

Xim wrote:
Ghastly_dragon wrote:
Yeah, I'm not even that big of a Hexen fan, so my motivation is low to try again. :roll:
HeXen beats the SHIT out of Doom.. So meh..

AVGN wrote:HeXen beats the SHIT out of Doom.. So meh..
i Think this is the wrong forum to say that in but, i guess you can have your own opinion :P
in my opinion hexen sucks ass, (only mods for it has been cool). its got some pretty neat stuff going on but the maps are just so horrible.
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:
AVGN wrote:HeXen beats the SHIT out of Doom.. So meh..
i Think this is the wrong forum to say that in but, i guess you can have your own opinion :P
in my opinion hexen sucks ass, (only mods for it has been cool). its got some pretty neat stuff going on but the maps are just so horrible.
The only thing i like in Hexen is ACS and Dynamic sectors.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Decided to do some stuff with this today. Lazy ass that I am, I started with the easiest edit (well, second easiest, the easiest is Mace of Contrition: do nothing. :P )

Here's Quietus. Would like comments on the swoosh effect in the attack frame, and whether or not I should make the glow fade out in the death frames. Ice death isn't included because the default is fine for it.
Attachments
Fighter with Quietus
Fighter with Quietus
fighterskin-quietus.png (88.49 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Very nice!

Yes, I'd make the sword "turn off" on death, as the wielder is dead, and thus the blade can no longer draw opower from him. (Besides, it looks a bit odd in the still frame.) ;)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

NeuralStunner wrote:Yes, I'd make the sword "turn off" on death, as the wielder is dead, and thus the blade can no longer draw opower from him. (Besides, it looks a bit odd in the still frame.) ;)
I usually remove the weapon in the death frames, when I do a skin, as though the player dropped it.

Looks awesome, by the way. :D

Return to “Requests”