(Request) City Textures

Requests go in THIS forum!

(Request) City Textures

Postby Trooper 077 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Can anyone point me in the direction of city textures? (Besides the duke nukem ones)
Trooper 077
Problem Solver

Re: (Request) City Textures

Postby Ceeb » Thu May 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Doom 2.

Serious reply: They're all pretty dark, but the TekWar texture pack I put up on Realm667 has a fair number of city textures, not to mention plenty of signs, both static and neon.

I'm also pretty sure Shadow Warrior has a lot of city textures. It's not all Asian-themed stuff. That is also on R667 but if you want to save a little wear on their servers, you can get those packs from my MediaFire account. See this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25274
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby Zero X. Diamond » Fri May 28, 2010 1:26 am

If you want some that haven't gotten much use ever (as far as anyone's told me, anyways) you could always use stuff from Blood 2: The Chosen as found here.
Zero X. Diamond
Now get your ass out there and save the world!

Postby Cage » Fri May 28, 2010 5:27 am

Here are the city textures from my texture pack, building walls with windows:

They should fit well with Doom stuff, plus the Duke/SW textures are made for a bit different player scale (I think that's almost 2x as the doom player, so they look weird unless scaled down)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cage
A trash bag full of empty coke bottles

Discord: Cage#9861

Postby LilWhiteMouse » Fri May 28, 2010 9:11 am

Adrenix has some as well.
LilWhiteMouse
"Stop the world, I'm getting off."

Postby Ceeb » Fri May 28, 2010 3:15 pm

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Adrenix has some as well.

I also think Necrodome has some, but it's been awhile. I know both of those games can be easily found on abandonware sites and opened with XWE.

Come to think of it, those games would make some nice texture packs for R667. To the batmobile!

Edit:

Don't forget about HacX, either.

Edit edit:

Necrodome does have neat textures, but the .POD file with all of the game's data is... Weird, to say the least. File names are all jumbled and messy like they're encrypted. I'll try to make a texture pack from this, but it may take a while.
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby Sonnyboy » Fri May 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Trooper 077 wrote:(Besides the duke nukem ones)

Not to be an ass, but in my experience, these are about the best you're going to find. :|

Most of you have seen my attempts at mapping a city with the Duke 3d textures, which, for the most part, turned out alright.

Anyway, yeah, you have to scale pretty much everything up to make it look right, but I tell you what Trooper, if you PM me, I've already done all the work and I'll hook you up. :)
Sonnyboy
The Good Son

Postby Ceeb » Fri May 28, 2010 7:21 pm

For god's sake, ew, ew, ew. Do not scale everything up. Scale the goddamn textures DOWN like a normal person.
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby Sonnyboy » Fri May 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Is there a convenient way to scale the textures down on a mass scale?
If not, then the work is probably not worth it IMO. The ratio of things to textures seems to favour my method.

But whatever floats your boat, I guess. When you look at the greater scale, scaling the objects up does seem more like a quick-fix, but I would recommend that Trooper choose whatever method he finds the most advantageous, which I predict will be "screw you guys I don't want Duke 3d".
Sonnyboy
The Good Son

Postby Trooper 077 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks for everyones help first,

Second,Its not that I hate duke 3d,I just find the textures overused,Plus im looking for something unique so i'll take whatever I can find

(Plus cage's textures look bitchin,and I will definately put them to good use)
Trooper 077
Problem Solver

Postby Ceeb » Fri May 28, 2010 9:16 pm

See my resource thread for the Adrenix textures, which I just uploaded. There's some relatively unused, useful stuff in there.
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby Trooper 077 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Ceeb wrote:
LilWhiteMouse wrote:Adrenix has some as well.

I also think Necrodome has some, but it's been awhile. I know both of those games can be easily found on abandonware sites and opened with XWE.

Come to think of it, those games would make some nice texture packs for R667. To the batmobile!

Edit:

Don't forget about HacX, either.

Edit edit:

Necrodome does have neat textures, but the .POD file with all of the game's data is... Weird, to say the least. File names are all jumbled and messy like they're encrypted. I'll try to make a texture pack from this, but it may take a while.

I tried to open the PK3 with doombuilder but it didn't work,Anyway you could re-upload it as a WAD?
Trooper 077
Problem Solver

Postby Ceeb » Fri May 28, 2010 10:02 pm

I would like you to read the big bold text above all of the texture packs, sir.
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby NiGHTMARE » Sat May 29, 2010 2:25 am

Ceeb wrote:I would like you to read the big bold text above all of the texture packs, sir.

To be fair, the fact that these ".pk3" files are actually .7z format is a tad confusing.
NiGHTMARE
.now.

Postby NeuralStunner » Sat May 29, 2010 10:48 am

NiGHTMARE wrote:To be fair, the fact that these ".pk3" files are actually .7z format is a tad confusing.

I believe this is why the extension PK7 was agreed upon. It'd be ZDoom's especially, at least until there's a Quake VII or something. :P

(I personally like to use PKZ. I think indicates "ZDoom" a little better.)
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Next

Return to Requests