[Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Requests go in THIS forum!

[Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby Ceeb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:40 pm

I am working on a project here (same project I needed the emo and scientist sprites for) and I wanted to use a couple of songs from a Nintendo 64 game. (Ocarina Of Time, specifically.)

Anyway, I can get MP3s, but... They're MP3s and therefore pretty big, and besides that, it's a bit tacky to include MP3s from other games.

tl;dr

Can somebody skilled with tracker music cover a handful of songs for me? I promise, for the sake of your time and reputation, this project will be released, and it's not a jokewad of any kind.
User avatar
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User
 
Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Location: Castle Wut

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby DoomRater » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 pm

http://tssf.gamemusic.ca/Remakes/index. ... E2NFN0dWZm

I believe this is what you're looking for. It's not 100%, but it's close. Midis and impulse trackers for your ears!
User avatar
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Location: WATR HQ
Discord: DoomRater#6308

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby Ceeb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 pm

That's nice, but unfortunately, nothing of what I need is there. To be more specific, the songs I need in tracker form are

- Fire Temple, w/ the chanting if possible

- Water Temple

There doesn't seem to be ANY dungeon music there. :(
User avatar
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User
 
Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Location: Castle Wut

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby The_Funktasm » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:07 am

Ceeb wrote:That's nice, but unfortunately, nothing of what I need is there. To be more specific, the songs I need in tracker form are

- Fire Temple, w/ the chanting if possible

- Water Temple

There doesn't seem to be ANY dungeon music there. :(


Couldn't you include an in_usf .dll and use the real songs?
The_Funktasm
Banned User
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Location: done making ZDF free sprites

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby DoomRater » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:13 am

Wait Fmodex supports winamp inputs plugins?!
User avatar
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Location: WATR HQ
Discord: DoomRater#6308

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby Gez » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:04 am

No but ZDoom supports a lot of music formats. Though not apparently the native N64 format. As far as I know, it's still rather obscure and mysterious; I remember Kaiser lamenting about that as it hampers development of Doom64Ex.
Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby The_Funktasm » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 am

Gez wrote:No but ZDoom supports a lot of music formats. Though not apparently the native N64 format. As far as I know, it's still rather obscure and mysterious; I remember Kaiser lamenting about that as it hampers development of Doom64Ex.


Dear god, atari something is supported, but not .usf?!
The_Funktasm
Banned User
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Location: done making ZDF free sprites

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby DoomRater » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 am

Someone should write a 64 bit emulator for N64. That might help! Trying to emulate a 64 bit system with 32 bit code was probably the reason it was so hard to emulate in the day.
User avatar
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Location: WATR HQ
Discord: DoomRater#6308

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby Gez » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 am

The_Funktasm wrote:
Gez wrote:No but ZDoom supports a lot of music formats. Though not apparently the native N64 format. As far as I know, it's still rather obscure and mysterious; I remember Kaiser lamenting about that as it hampers development of Doom64Ex.


Dear god, atari something is supported, but not .usf?!

See this thread. Though I think it does have USF playback now, but it hadn't been easy achieving it.
Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby Ceeb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm all for a good discussion, but is anyone with some musical talent actually up for the task? :(
User avatar
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User
 
Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Location: Castle Wut

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby DoomRater » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:23 pm

The samples don't seem as sharp from TSSF's work or I might have tried it myself. As it is the ocarina sample suits my needs for building new Ocarina Songs for Saria, but that's it.
User avatar
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Location: WATR HQ
Discord: DoomRater#6308

Re: [Request] Someone to cover songs with a tracker?

Postby Ceeb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:31 pm

It doesn't have to be dead-on. I just want something "close enough".
User avatar
Ceeb
Official Idoit Of ZDoom
Banned User
 
Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Location: Castle Wut


Return to Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests