[Request] Sick of the same old icon of sin.

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Grenadier

[Request] Sick of the same old icon of sin.

Post by Grenadier »

I am so sick of using the same old icon of sin sprite. so can someone please make a new sprite of something like an impaled Marine on a spike or something in that sort of region.

Also I find the icon of sin too easy so can someone please give it shit loads for health. XD

I know I'm asking for alot but I am absolutly desprate. so if someone could please it would be a great help.
Skippy

Re: [Request] Sick of the same old icon of sin.

Post by Skippy »

Welcome to the forum. I'll leave it to someone else to point you in the direction of the rules.

People aren't usually in the habit of just making things for other people, especially someone who has a grand total of 1 post on the forum. You might find someone who can help you, though I wouldn't count on it.

Aside from that, your request seems pretty much pointless. Why on earth would you want an Icon of Sin sprite edit in the first place? Given how it's meant to be used, no-one will ever see it.

Anyways...

Code: Select all

actor ToughIcon : BossBrain replaces BossBrain
{
   Health 1000
   States
   {
   BrainExplode:
      MISL BC 10 Bright
      MISL D 10 A_BrainExplode
      Stop
   Spawn:
      POL1 A -1
      Stop
   Pain:
      POL1 B 36 A_BrainPain
      Goto Spawn
   Death:
      POL1 A 100 A_BrainScream
      POL1 AA 10
      POL1 A -1 A_BrainDie
      Stop
   }
}
If you don't know how to use this, read [wiki=DECORATE]this[/wiki].

Of course, the best way to get ahead in the ZDoom forums is to Read The F'in [wiki=Main Page]Wiki[/wiki]. Good luck! 8-)
Last edited by Skippy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grenadier

Post by Grenadier »

Thank's for the tougher icon of sin but the strange places i use it the icon it's self can be seen.
But thank's anyway. :)
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I probably should have pointed this out, but the DECORATE code I posted above will give you an Icon Of Sin that looks like a dead zombie on a spike (assuming you're using a Doom IWAD).

Simply creating a tougher Icon would have only required the 'health' line.

If you prefer you could replace the POL1 sprite frames with [wiki=Classes:Doom]anything from the Doom IWAD[/wiki] to get what you need.
Grenadier

Post by Grenadier »

Thanks this will do fine and it is just what I needed.

And just so you know it will be put to good use Thanks.

Return to “Requests”