Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby Cherno » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Molten Ice wrote:Does anyone have sprites of a giant ant or other giant insects?

Here are some creepy crawlies from Dungeon Keeper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ezwxf31w9gtj ... s.zip?dl=0

Not the best quality, but might be good enough for plaeholder art.
Cherno

Postby Molten Ice » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:57 pm

That's a good start, thanks!
Molten Ice

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Cutmanmike » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:22 pm

It may be futile asking here but not sure where else to try:

Can one of the zscript gods make a bare-bones example wad that displays a graphic and/or text to the player's screen in game (i.e like hudmessage)? I feel like the documentation just isn't quite there yet even for people who know how to use zscript, but if I could just get my hands on an example that gets as far as that I could probably figure everything else out :P
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:20 pm

pretty suere ive asked about this before but cant quite remember, still if i did it must have been ages ago...
chainy.png

anyway, anyone up for making more frames for this beauty?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osjclatchford

Postby zrrion the insect » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm

I made a slightly different version of basically the same sprite, comes in 2 flavors of muzzleflash
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:35 am

yeah, I seem to rememmber that one. though nicely done and flawlessly sprited the barrel seperation is just wtf to me... lol...
osjclatchford

Postby Warhawk » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:17 pm

SPCGA0.png

Does anyone know the original author of this sprite?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Warhawk

Postby JacenXtreme » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Warhawk wrote:
SPCGA0.png

Does anyone know the original author of this sprite?

That would be Minigunner.
JacenXtreme
Some guy on the webz

Discord: ssbjdlucas#3231
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby TheRailgunner » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:59 am

So, I don't know if this is the place for it, but I've been looking for whatever soundfont produces this:

It is, far and away, one of the best-sounding versions of MIDI-based music I've encountered, and this guy stopped making videos and responding to comments five years ago. I have no idea where to find a soundfont (or, as a commenter suggested, a Timidity setting?) that produces this effect. Maybe it's a music WAD loaded separately with BSTX E2?
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby Vostyok » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:07 pm

TheRailgunner wrote:So, I don't know if this is the place for it, but I've been looking for whatever soundfont produces this:

It is, far and away, one of the best-sounding versions of MIDI-based music I've encountered, and this guy stopped making videos and responding to comments five years ago. I have no idea where to find a soundfont (or, as a commenter suggested, a Timidity setting?) that produces this effect. Maybe it's a music WAD loaded separately with BSTX E2?

I have to admit, it does sound VERY similar to the Remastered Music wad made by Kira. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOh3E8f ... 3&index=40
(my personal favorite for both episodes, and the link for each is in the description of that playlist)
The slight differences could be down to his recording software and soundcard.
If you prefer the MIDI sound though, you can get very similar results using SGM https://www.mediafire.com/file/zo8l3dgf ... M-V2.01.7z
Vostyok
Picture by RetroMuffin34 <3

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby TheRailgunner » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Vostyok wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:So, I don't know if this is the place for it, but I've been looking for whatever soundfont produces this:

I have to admit, it does sound VERY similar to the Remastered Music wad made by Kira. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOh3E8f ... 3&index=40
(my personal favorite for both episodes, and the link for each is in the description of that playlist)
The slight differences could be down to his recording software and soundcard.
If you prefer the MIDI sound though, you can get very similar results using SGM https://www.mediafire.com/file/zo8l3dgf ... M-V2.01.7z

It definitely sounds similar - gonna snatch both options just in case (gonna try SGM in my main Doom folder and Kira's remasters on my MP3 player - might record the SGM variants just to compare them and find out for sure). You've made my week with this - thank you so very much!
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby SphericalCube » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:00 am

I'm pretty new here so sorry if I'm not doing this right, but...
I'm looking for a script I can use that enables obituaries for monsters instead of just players (meaning that your weapon's obituary would show up if you killed a regular monster).
SphericalCube

Discord: SphericalCube#1994

Postby TheRailgunner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm

Are there Doom Slayer hands equivalent to the hands on the classic Shotgun's pumping frames? Pretty much just trying to find armored variants of the fingers on the right side of the gun.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby Unknown_Horse » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:27 am

TheRailgunner wrote:Are there Doom Slayer hands equivalent to the hands on the classic Shotgun's pumping frames? Pretty much just trying to find armored variants of the fingers on the right side of the gun.

Blazing_Dust made those ones: https://i.imgur.com/VYKe2TA.png

they can be modified to delete the shotgun and keep only the hands.
Unknown_Horse

Discord: Unknown_Horse#2358

Postby Bren » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:40 am

Never been a fan of the 'scanned-photo' look of some of the Doom graphics -- and have been plugging away on some edits to make some of them more like illustrations and 'Adrian-like'.

One (seemly) easy route to getting a new SP_ROCK is to use one of the rock textures from Quake 2, which seems to be similar.

Problem is, try as I might I cannot get it to look right.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to take a stab at it.

Bren

PreviousNext

Return to Requests