Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby TheBadHustlex » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:55 am

Does anybody have some edits of these tentacle-textures from Doom2? I have never found any...
TheBadHustlex
Better than stalin.

Postby 22alpha22 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:53 am

Enjay wrote:I just realised that you didn't actually say that you wanted it as a console font. Do you? The one you posted (as far as I know) is the console font in Q2 and intended to be used as such but if you wanted a normal font (e.g. like the small font) then it would be more work to re-do the image.

It is used as both the font in the console as well as in option menus. I would like to use it in the ZDoom's console and menus as well. Here is a screenshot of it used in Q2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
22alpha22
So lonely...

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Athel » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:42 am

Gonna try a request. Can anybody rip the Portal Gun from Portal 1 w/sounds? Thanks in advance! (Try your best, anyway. Im sorry if this is too much.)
Athel
Oh god what do I do here

Discord: Athel#2406

Postby Captain J » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:32 pm

I'm pretty sure a massive crossover'd mod called aeons of death already rip those sounds, if you know how to rip 'em with the editor, you gotta check that out.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 pm

PSTrooper, may I PM you when I need color remaps instead of asking here?
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby PSTrooper » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:26 am

Yes, you can. And so can anyone else.
PSTrooper

Postby Enjay » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:50 am

22alpha22 wrote:It is used as both the font in the console as well as in option menus. I would like to use it in the ZDoom's console and menus as well. Here is a screenshot of it used in Q2.

OK, well here's the one that I had that is based on the Q2 font.

The attached zip contains the source image as a PCX (that I used to generate the font) and the compiled font (made using imagetool: link can be found here Editing_tools )

I remember tweaking it a bit to try to get it to look as good as possible in ZDoom. IIRC, if left unedited, the font compiled in a way that made the letters quite dark and hard to see in some circumstances. Also, ZDoom uses some of the graphical elements for menu sliders and so on and, even if I had left them in their original brown, ZDoom would have translated them to grey. In fact, I think in most of the places it is used, the font is translated: so, in the console and menus, you would get the ZDoom colours for menu items, not those of the original font.

Anyway, to see what it looks like, just load up the zip and then bring down the console. Also, go to menus with lots of options (such as the key configuration menu) to see how it looks there and any menu with sliders to see how those elements look. I don't have time to make the smallfont version of it (which would be used in text messages, the left side of the menus etc) but someone must have done it at some point... surely?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby 22alpha22 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:37 am

Enjay wrote:OK, well here's the one that I had that is based on the Q2 font.

Thank you, it looks very nice in ZDoom.

Enjay wrote:I don't have time to make the smallfont version of it (which would be used in text messages, the left side of the menus etc) but someone must have done it at some point... surely?

I Googled Quake II font and found a quite a few Quake II fonts which had been converted for use as Windows system fonts. I downloaded one and used Spidey's ZDoom Font Generator to convert it to ZDoom's SMALLFONT. So I think I'm set on the fonts, thanks for the help.
22alpha22
So lonely...

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Devianteist » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:17 am

Captain J redirected me over this way, so here goes;

I am looking to acquire a sprite sheet of the good ol' AK-47, centered and/or not centered (both preferably). I have finally decided to give DOOM spriting a go, and need the AK-47 do some Frankenstein-esque stuff with. Permission granting, that is.
Devianteist
Dev, resident lurking user.

Discord: #0561

Postby TheRailgunner » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Devianteist wrote:Captain J redirected me over this way, so here goes;

I am looking to acquire a sprite sheet of the good ol' AK-47, centered and/or not centered (both preferably). I have finally decided to give DOOM spriting a go, and need the AK-47 do some Frankenstein-esque stuff with. Permission granting, that is.

Well, you asked for pickup sprites in your original post, so I'll post what I've got (namely because I need a little bit of time to finish the AK set I'm working on):

ImageImage
TheRailgunner
Don't let fascism win. Not in the US, or anywhere in the world.

Postby Athel » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Captain J wrote:I'm pretty sure a massive crossover'd mod called aeons of death already rip those sounds, if you know how to rip 'em with the editor, you gotta check that out.

Turns out ZPortal has the sounds I want, but can anyone rip the Portal Gun? Please?
Athel
Oh god what do I do here

Discord: Athel#2406

Postby Devianteist » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:11 pm

TheRailgunner wrote:
Well, you asked for pickup sprites in your original post, so I'll post what I've got (namely because I need a little bit of time to finish the AK set I'm working on):

ImageImage

Holy crap, those are... PERFECT. I hope you don't mind me going Dr. Frankenstein all over* these. As for what you're working on, could you PM me when your done? I would oh so love to see what you've cooked up! (creepy emoticon incoming) :wub:
Devianteist
Dev, resident lurking user.

Discord: #0561

Postby Markass0 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Does anyone know if there is a thread that has all the Duke Nukem 3d, item pick up sprites and props E.g nightvision goggles, shotgun shell box, pipebombs, random bottles, plants etc in the doom pallet? i can't seem to find them anywhere aside from in screenshots of the game :s mostly just after the ammo pick ups (shotgun especially)
Spoiler:

but would greatly appreciate any help :]
thanks
Markass0

Postby Captain J » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:21 pm

The spriter's resource has got you covered. ;)
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby chronoteeth » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:54 pm

could someone possibly spice up and make this edit of mine look nicer/prettier?

chronoteeth
abubub

PreviousNext

Return to Requests