Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby Enjay » Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 pm

I'd started to have a go with my own attempt but yours looks much better and is closer to what I wanted too. I'm not sure if it will require a little adjustment or not but I can easily cope with that myself. Thanks very much.

I'll just leave my effort here in case anyone wants it for anything. I was struggling to get the 2 and 4 rotations looking sensible anyway.

[edit]
I finished it for the hell of it. No idea if I will ever use it though.

If anyone else has a use for it - crack on. I guess it might be suitable for an Astrostein expansion or something.
[/edit]
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Blox » Tue May 22, 2012 8:06 am

Well have an edit, ohoy:
And yeah, I think it passes the stability (no big lightsource changes between angles plz) test: Image
Blox
I am Laziness Incarnate!

Postby gerolf » Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 am

You know... those little red things on the sides.. If it's possible, you could make them "summon" light (I can't think of any other term at the moment). OpenGL may be able to pull it off the best, but I think even without it something could be done.

Astrostein, lol. I remember Astrostein. I've always wanted to do a space themed game that involved elements of Star Wars and Aliens.
gerolf

Postby CaptainToenail » Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 am

Looks pretty decent actually. :P

Anyway can someone find me the Doom beta player death sprites? You know the ones where Doomguy doesn't grip his throat as he falls over?
CaptainToenail

Postby gerolf » Wed May 23, 2012 12:08 pm

CaptainToenail wrote:Looks pretty decent actually. :P

Anyway can someone find me the Doom beta player death sprites? You know the ones where Doomguy doesn't grip his throat as he falls over?

YES. I'll get them right now.

EDIT: Here, the sounds and text file are there because this was from something I had planned to do, but decided not to because I didn't know how.

dth.zip
I believe this is it, because I was trying to get it to where this animation played when the normal death sound played, and the retail version when the other scream plays.
(44.23 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
gerolf

Postby CaptainToenail » Wed May 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Thank you, just what I was looking for.
CaptainToenail

Postby gerolf » Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 am

No problem...

Does anyone here have a bloody chainsaw (like in Brutal Doom) only with the original Doomguy hands? Also does anyone have a bloody brass knuckle (fist)?
All I need is red please.
gerolf

Postby Enjay » Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Do variations of the Strife Human rebel, Player and Acolyte deaths exist anywhere? I could swear that I have seen them *somewhere* but I can't find anything.
Enjay

Postby gerolf » Thu May 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Enjay wrote:Do variations of the Strife Human rebel, Player and Acolyte deaths exist anywhere? I could swear that I have seen them *somewhere* but I can't find anything.

David G. did, just do a search for "David G." and you'll find the post "The works of David G." he did a few strife edits.
gerolf

Postby Enjay » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Aha! Finally found it on page 25 of that thread. Thank you. :)
Enjay

Postby Enjay » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 am

I'm looking for a reasonably subdued explosion sound to use as the sound that a phosphorus grenade makes when it blows up. Think of the Strife phosphorus grenade - visually it doesn't really have an explosion. Instead it just spawns a bunch of fires. My grenade is similar so I want a minimal, but definitely there, explosion sound combined with some kind of "fires igniting" effect. Anyone got anything suitable?
Enjay

Postby gerolf » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Enjay wrote:I'm looking for a reasonably subdued explosion sound to use as the sound that a phosphorus grenade makes when it blows up. Think of the Strife phosphorus grenade - visually it doesn't really have an explosion. Instead it just spawns a bunch of fires. My grenade is similar so I want a minimal, but definitely there, explosion sound combined with some kind of "fires igniting" effect. Anyone got anything suitable?

I think ROTT would be a good thing to look at, I believe one of the rocket weapons make a sound like that.

Could anyone remove the left hand from these? (Yes, I asked for one with a hand, now I really want one without hands :P) I tried it myself, but had a lot of trouble making it look right.
Spoiler:
gerolf

Postby Enjay » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 pm

gerolf wrote:I think ROTT would be a good thing to look at, I believe one of the rocket weapons make a sound like that.

Thanks for the suggestion. There isn't anything in the game that was exactly what I was looking for but combining some of the sounds with ones I have got from elsewhere should allow me to come up with something suitable.
Enjay

Postby Blox » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:54 pm

I'll probably take a stab at it tomorrow (at least this I can do!! D:), if someone doesn't ninja me until then.
Blox
I am Laziness Incarnate!

Postby gerolf » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks, and no problem Enjay, hope it all works out.
gerolf

PreviousNext

Return to Requests