Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby cortlong50 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:57 pm

anyone have any sort of spinning power up?

im looking for something big and ominous that would make you think it was powering something.
User avatar
cortlong50
im not the guy from that south park episode with the wrist brace
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: bill murray. the city.

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby Ozymandias81 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:25 am

cortlong50 wrote:anyone have any sort of spinning power up?

im looking for something big and ominous that would make you think it was powering something.

While these doesn't spin, they should come in hand for something else, or as a base I think.
They come from Ultima Underworld, ready for a project I have in mind for Hexen.

https://imgur.com/a/hIq7R
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby GAA1992 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Does anybody knows who made this awesome angled SSG? I can't remember.

Image
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby SomeOtherDoomGuy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Can anyone make A decent Stargate staff blast sprite/sprite sheet for me. I have tried various things but nothing feels or looks right.
I have the weapon and the firing sprites. I just cannot seem to make a decent missile.
Needs to be like the rocket with rotations.
If you do go for it, try to make it pair with this.



THANKS jdredalert!

STAFFY.jpg
Last edited by SomeOtherDoomGuy on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SomeOtherDoomGuy
Every sprite or texture I post here is COMPLETELY free to use.
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017
Location: North Florida
Discord: SomeOtherDoomGuy#7217

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby jdredalert » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 pm

I could give it a try, using this same staff as base. Can you send me the sprites via PM?
User avatar
jdredalert
State of badass art.
 
Joined: 13 Jul 2013

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby luigiman0640 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:57 pm

What's a good 9mm gun that has a fire rate similar to the vanilla chaingun? And are there sprites for it?
Last edited by luigiman0640 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
luigiman0640
 
Joined: 28 Apr 2014

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby cortlong50 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Ozymandias81 wrote:
cortlong50 wrote:anyone have any sort of spinning power up?

im looking for something big and ominous that would make you think it was powering something.

While these doesn't spin, they should come in hand for something else, or as a base I think.
They come from Ultima Underworld, ready for a project I have in mind for Hexen.

https://imgur.com/a/hIq7R


Thanks man! if i use them ill credit you!
User avatar
cortlong50
im not the guy from that south park episode with the wrist brace
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: bill murray. the city.

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby Apeirogon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am

Where I can find monsters models with animations from D3 and D4/2016?
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2017

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby SomeOtherDoomGuy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:09 am

luigiman0640 wrote:What's a good 9mm gun that has a fire rate similar to the vanilla chaingun? And are there sprites for it?



I am not sure there are. Maybe a modded carbine?

Apeirogon wrote:Where I can find monsters models with animations from D3 and D4/2016?



I don't know about doom 3 but there is this thread for doom 4. Maybe it will help?

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1519102&page=7
SomeOtherDoomGuy
Every sprite or texture I post here is COMPLETELY free to use.
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017
Location: North Florida
Discord: SomeOtherDoomGuy#7217

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby Vostyok » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm

SomeOtherDoomGuy wrote:
luigiman0640 wrote:What's a good 9mm gun that has a fire rate similar to the vanilla chaingun? And are there sprites for it?



I am not sure there are. Maybe a modded carbine?


You actually have a couple of options actually, with regards to real life weapons.

Bearing in mind that Doom runs on 'tics' as a timing mechanism, and 35 tics is about equal to a second... the vanilla chaingun runs at 4 tics per shot. A bit of maths gives us a pretty slow ROF of about 525 RPM. Not much in the ballpark for 9mm weapons there. But you do have the Mors Submachine gun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mors_submachine_gun which is an obscure 1930's 9mm SMG.

You also have the Luxenbourg Sola http://modernfirearms.net/en/submachine-guns/luxembourg-submachine-guns/sola-super-leger-eng/. It's about 550 rpm.

There's also the M38 by Beretta, which is a WW2 era weapon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Model_38

As you can imagine, none of these has sprites as far I am aware, being as rare in games at all as they are.

Alpha Doom rifle sprites with a bit of work though......
User avatar
Vostyok
Sub-Zero
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: I have no mouse but I must script

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby luigiman0640 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Vostyok wrote:You actually have a couple of options actually, with regards to real life weapons.

Bearing in mind that Doom runs on 'tics' as a timing mechanism, and 35 tics is about equal to a second... the vanilla chaingun runs at 4 tics per shot. A bit of maths gives us a pretty slow ROF of about 525 RPM. Not much in the ballpark for 9mm weapons there. But you do have the Mors Submachine gun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mors_submachine_gun which is an obscure 1930's 9mm SMG.

You also have the Luxenbourg Sola http://modernfirearms.net/en/submachine-guns/luxembourg-submachine-guns/sola-super-leger-eng/. It's about 550 rpm.

There's also the M38 by Beretta, which is a WW2 era weapon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Model_38

As you can imagine, none of these has sprites as far I am aware, being as rare in games at all as they are.

Alpha Doom rifle sprites with a bit of work though......


Well, the thing is that I need them angled to the right, so I'm sure some screen capturing of some sort would work out fairly well as a base. Thanks for the info, either way, this should really help out in some way.
While I'm on the subject, I'm also looking for a rocket launcher that has a clip reload, angled as well.
User avatar
luigiman0640
 
Joined: 28 Apr 2014

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:47 pm

The good ol' MP40 also fires at around 550 rpm, and there's a lot of sprites for that.
User avatar
Jeimuzu73
Custom built bike doin' 103
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2011
Location: Route 101, Station Square

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby luigiman0640 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:29 am

Jeimuzu73 wrote:The good ol' MP40 also fires at around 550 rpm, and there's a lot of sprites for that.

I have considered that one, so I might go with that one! :D
User avatar
luigiman0640
 
Joined: 28 Apr 2014

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby YukesVonFaust » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 am

Can someone add some details on this glock to make it look like the Glock 21? (and in caleb hands?)
Image

(and if i mean this glock 21)
User avatar
YukesVonFaust
Yeah, I'm that guy who collaborates.
 
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: somewhere i guess
Discord: YukesVonFaust#9009

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Postby Skelegant » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:29 am

I couldn't find a caleb equivalent of the last hand but did my best with the details (I'm trying to get back into spriting so this was good practice, still looks like shit tho :p)
Image
User avatar
Skelegant
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Location: A shoebox in the middle of the road

PreviousNext

Return to Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest