Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Blue Shadow

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by Blue Shadow »

You're welcome.
Enjay wrote:However, there is something about that one that doesn't properly say Thompson to me. I think it's the top of the barrel. It looks a bit too fussy - like there is more going on there than there should be on the relatively smooth and simple Thompson.
Admittedly, I'm not much of a weapons person, and I know very little about them. What I do know is that there is a weapon called "Thompson" on the site, is centered, and has mention of WWII in its description. :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

No, no, you're absolutely right and I'm not complaining. I appreciate the link. I've tried a quick tweak and something like this might work for me:

In saying that, having looked into them a bit further, there are quite a few Thompson variations and that Realm667 one is very close to some of the models.

And while I'm on, I'm also looking for something that might work as a centred heavy pistol of some sort that could believably be the Enforcer from Unreal 1 (or something very similar). It wouldn't have to be exact; it would merely need to convey that heavy, boxy looking bolter kind of appearance.

Quite difficult to capture from the centred viewpoint I suspect. Any suggestions?

[edit]
Hmmm... a bit of Frankenspriting gave me this.

Could work.
[/edit]
4page

Post by 4page »

The Philosopher wrote:Anyone can chance the clerical hands to the fighter hands in the necronomicon?
https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/a ... cronomicon
This mod has some unused sprites in its files that fit what you're looking for.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/class-rework ... rework-v10
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Is there a Strife hands sheet that extends the poses and angles available for the Strife protagonist hand/arm sprites similar to the Doom one anywhere? I can't find one but if it exists I'd appreciate a link.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Here's Heaven full of them. Googling helps all the time! Tho there are probably few hand sprites i missed... Somewhere.
ljwon_1 wrote:Some sprites are lost or missing.
It's very unfortunate. But i still have that M1 Carbine sprite!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Still on the centred weapons hunt.

Does anyone have a Duke Nukem 3D shotgun in centred view? I am aware of the one on Realm667 but it doesn't quite work for me. It's not bad but the vents on the top and also the rear where the hand is don't look quite right to me.

I'd only need the one centred "ready" frame. The recoil and cocking frames are fine.

(re my earlier request, I take it no one is aware of a Strife hands sheet.)
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Enjay wrote:Still on the centred weapons hunt.

Does anyone have a Duke Nukem 3D shotgun in centred view? I am aware of the one on Realm667 but it doesn't quite work for me. It's not bad but the vents on the top and also the rear where the hand is don't look quite right to me.

I'd only need the one centred "ready" frame. The recoil and cocking frames are fine.

(re my earlier request, I take it no one is aware of a Strife hands sheet.)
there's this one, by lieutenant xandro

also, are there any rips of the jaguar aliens vs predator double barrel shotgun?
Attachments
dnsg.png
dnsg.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 1304 times
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Enjay wrote:(re my earlier request, I take it no one is aware of a Strife hands sheet.)
What do you mean by that? Granted, the Sprite Sheet i provided has a lot of unrelated hand sprites. But it has all the Strife hands you requested. I also even found some extra sprites while finding it.

Are there even more of hand sprites of the game that i really did not aware? Please let me know if i'm not mistaking.
LossForWords wrote:also, are there any rips of the jaguar aliens vs predator double barrel shotgun?
Wait. Is there a Double Barrel Shotgun in the game? I think i can find the SPAS one, but i didn't know such weapon actually existed. Maybe it's unused?
ljwon_1
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by ljwon_1 »

I saw the sprites made by Paul in DRDTeam Forum.
But those sprites are now disappearing.
I think there was more to it than there is now.
It's a little bit too much, but is there anyone who still has the sprites?

https://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2316
Maybe this file was the most important one.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Captain J wrote:What do you mean by that? Granted, the Sprite Sheet i provided has a lot of unrelated hand sprites. But it has all the Strife hands you requested. I also even found some extra sprites while finding it.
I'm so sorry. I don't know why but I simply didn't see your reply. :oops:

Thank you for posting that. Unfortunately, the sheet doesn't have a lot of Strife hands. It would be nice if as many existed as there are for Doom but it seems unlikely that will ever happen. Thanks again. :thumb:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

LossForWords wrote:
Enjay wrote:there's this one, by lieutenant xandro
Thank you. I can't compare it very well with the other one ATM because I'm on my phone but I'll check it properly later on.

[edit] I've had a chance to look at it now. It's obciously bases on the same source as the Real667 one because they have a lot of pixels in common. However, I do think xandro's one is a bit better so I'll try to base something off of it. Thanks again. [/edit]
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Captain J wrote:Wait. Is there a Double Barrel Shotgun in the game? I think i can find the SPAS one, but i didn't know such weapon actually existed. Maybe it's unused?
huh, i only found out those sprites were from a beta today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47uPhE3c0zM
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I wonder, is there a HUD sprite for Deckard's blaster from Bladerunner? Preferably angled but centered would be ok too. It is also used as the model for the .223 pistol in Fallout (or "That Gun" in F3).
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

is there any version of this usp by sgt shivers that's all black with green sights?
Attachments
2m2et95.png
2m2et95.png (72.88 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Does anyone have any flashbang explosion effects (without tinnitus + throwing sounds, I already have those) specifically I also want to avoid using the CoD ones, as they lack a certain omph.

Also don't refer to videos, I live in Australia without a VPN so I can't go around ripping links, and downloading mp3s from convert2mp3 sites due to our government putting the footdown on them via the internet providers.

Return to “Requests”