Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheBadHustlex

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by TheBadHustlex »

AEoD might have it. It has tons of resources from Half Life.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

An utterly colossal mod is the last place I would ever recommend getting a single resource from.
Toberone wrote:it was a nice crunchy meaty noise that got played whenever something exploded into gibs.
Seems to be the one in this pack. (And that's not even a MB!)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Any of you guys got the System Shock 2 weapon sounds ready to go?
I'd very much like to use them.

Nevermind. Got it all right here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3bh27 ... pn_snd.rar
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Does anyone have the entire collection of Mike12's resources?
I can't find them anywhere. :(
kidvicious

Post by kidvicious »

Are there any existing Powerslave hands in Caleb's skin tone? I could've sworn I've the revolver hand in caleb's palette.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

sorry for shameless plug this isnt a request, but if you guys have a request for an original monster from scratch, you may want to check my monster design contest thread

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46970

if you have an idea for a monster submit a sketch or description and if your design wins ill sprite it for you!
rabidrage

Post by rabidrage »

Hey everybody. It's been something like 15 years since I've made a map, but I've come back swingin'!. I saw that there was some work done to extract the Sega Saturn HUD from the game, but I have no idea how to use what's been posted in order to put it in a wad that will work with ZDoom. Can anybody either convert it for me or explain what to do? Please keep in mind, I'm not exactly tech-savvy...at least, not yet! So it's got to be some simple point-and-click stuff.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

rabidrage wrote:Hey everybody. It's been something like 15 years since I've made a map, but I've come back swingin'!. I saw that there was some work done to extract the Sega Saturn HUD from the game, but I have no idea how to use what's been posted in order to put it in a wad that will work with ZDoom. Can anybody either convert it for me or explain what to do? Please keep in mind, I'm not exactly tech-savvy...at least, not yet! So it's got to be some simple point-and-click stuff.
Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, constructing a working HUD isn't exactly "simple point-and-click stuff," but it's not that much harder than fiddling with numbers. I wrote a tutorial on how to write SBARINFO, but what you might want to do instead is import your graphics and edit the default status bars to suit your needs.

Failing that, I might give it a go later on, if I'm bored enough.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

these were suppossed to be dogs

could somebody please dog them? theyre supposed to be for freedoom (for prboom or mbf purposses) so no edits of the wolfendog
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

wait, is they're going to be replacement of the ss or demon? very hilarious and creative idea to me.
kidvicious wrote:Are there any existing Powerslave hands in Caleb's skin tone? I could've sworn I've the revolver hand in caleb's palette.
his resource thread is here.
rabidrage

Post by rabidrage »

wildweasel wrote:Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, constructing a working HUD isn't exactly "simple point-and-click stuff," but it's not that much harder than fiddling with numbers. I wrote a tutorial on how to write SBARINFO, but what you might want to do instead is import your graphics and edit the default status bars to suit your needs.

Failing that, I might give it a go later on, if I'm bored enough.
Thanks, WildWeasel! I might be a fairly intermittent poster for right now, as my mapping skills need a ton of work and I get distracted easily. However, I'm pretty psyched about this. I don't think I'd be very good at editing graphics if it's not a simple case of renaming sprites and/or pointing actors to them. So if you do get bored enough, I would be really happy to see what you can do.

I've found things like the Playstation TC, Doom 64 monsters and JagDoom TC and taken what I liked, and I put the 3DO music into a wad file...how awesome would it be to top it off with the best HUD from the consoles?
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

NeuralStunner wrote:An utterly colossal mod is the last place I would ever recommend getting a single resource from.
Toberone wrote:it was a nice crunchy meaty noise that got played whenever something exploded into gibs.
Seems to be the one in this pack. (And that's not even a MB!)
Much appreciated thank you! Also I should apologize, seems I should spend a little more time in google before I dismiss anythings existence.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

to cap j, they where supposed to be for sourceports like mbf that use a helper dog, fraggle had recently complainde that the libre replacement they have is a green worm, so i thought id give it a shot and they turned out as marine daisys instead
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

Is there a marine based set of melee weapon sprites? Also are there any half decent skeleton enemy sprites around? Bonus points if they're a bit more stylized like wolf 3d enemies or arcade games, or have melee and gun variants, but for a base I'll take anything. I feel like working on an old project and I need more tropes if it's going to work.
kidvicious

Post by kidvicious »

Could anyone take these hands and put them on the frames for the powerslave revolver? or Set the skin tone on the revolver to Caleb's?
Attachments
calebrevolverhands.png
calebrevolverhands.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 532 times

Return to “Requests”