Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by Enjay »

I'd started to have a go with my own attempt but yours looks much better and is closer to what I wanted too. I'm not sure if it will require a little adjustment or not but I can easily cope with that myself. Thanks very much.

I'll just leave my effort here in case anyone wants it for anything. I was struggling to get the 2 and 4 rotations looking sensible anyway.

[edit]
I finished it for the hell of it. No idea if I will ever use it though.

If anyone else has a use for it - crack on. I guess it might be suitable for an Astrostein expansion or something.
[/edit]
Blox

Post by Blox »

Well have an edit, ohoy:
And yeah, I think it passes the stability (no big lightsource changes between angles plz) test: Image
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

You know... those little red things on the sides.. If it's possible, you could make them "summon" light (I can't think of any other term at the moment). OpenGL may be able to pull it off the best, but I think even without it something could be done.

Astrostein, lol. I remember Astrostein. I've always wanted to do a space themed game that involved elements of Star Wars and Aliens.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Looks pretty decent actually. :P

Anyway can someone find me the Doom beta player death sprites? You know the ones where Doomguy doesn't grip his throat as he falls over?
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

CaptainToenail wrote:Looks pretty decent actually. :P

Anyway can someone find me the Doom beta player death sprites? You know the ones where Doomguy doesn't grip his throat as he falls over?
YES. I'll get them right now.

EDIT: Here, the sounds and text file are there because this was from something I had planned to do, but decided not to because I didn't know how.
dth.zip
I believe this is it, because I was trying to get it to where this animation played when the normal death sound played, and the retail version when the other scream plays.
(44.23 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Thank you, just what I was looking for.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

No problem...

Does anyone here have a bloody chainsaw (like in Brutal Doom) only with the original Doomguy hands? Also does anyone have a bloody brass knuckle (fist)?
All I need is red please.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Do variations of the Strife Human rebel, Player and Acolyte deaths exist anywhere? I could swear that I have seen them *somewhere* but I can't find anything.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Enjay wrote:Do variations of the Strife Human rebel, Player and Acolyte deaths exist anywhere? I could swear that I have seen them *somewhere* but I can't find anything.
David G. did, just do a search for "David G." and you'll find the post "The works of David G." he did a few strife edits.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Aha! Finally found it on page 25 of that thread. Thank you. :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'm looking for a reasonably subdued explosion sound to use as the sound that a phosphorus grenade makes when it blows up. Think of the Strife phosphorus grenade - visually it doesn't really have an explosion. Instead it just spawns a bunch of fires. My grenade is similar so I want a minimal, but definitely there, explosion sound combined with some kind of "fires igniting" effect. Anyone got anything suitable?
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Enjay wrote:I'm looking for a reasonably subdued explosion sound to use as the sound that a phosphorus grenade makes when it blows up. Think of the Strife phosphorus grenade - visually it doesn't really have an explosion. Instead it just spawns a bunch of fires. My grenade is similar so I want a minimal, but definitely there, explosion sound combined with some kind of "fires igniting" effect. Anyone got anything suitable?
I think ROTT would be a good thing to look at, I believe one of the rocket weapons make a sound like that.

Could anyone remove the left hand from these? (Yes, I asked for one with a hand, now I really want one without hands :P) I tried it myself, but had a lot of trouble making it look right.
Spoiler:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

gerolf wrote:I think ROTT would be a good thing to look at, I believe one of the rocket weapons make a sound like that.
Thanks for the suggestion. There isn't anything in the game that was exactly what I was looking for but combining some of the sounds with ones I have got from elsewhere should allow me to come up with something suitable.
Blox

Post by Blox »

I'll probably take a stab at it tomorrow (at least this I can do!! D:), if someone doesn't ninja me until then.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Thanks, and no problem Enjay, hope it all works out.

Return to “Requests”