Looking for Voice Actress or Suggestions

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zan

Looking for Voice Actress or Suggestions

Post by Zan »

Alright, this is sort of a long shot, but I have to start from somewhere and I might as well ask here.

I'm looking for a (not extremely expensive) female voice actor to do one or few things for Hedon listed below. I'm also very open to suggestions if you guys know anyone who would fit the role because honestly I've never dabbled in this domain so I don't know anyone right now.

Here's the game in it's alpha state - https://www.moddb.com/mods/hedon/
The main character that needs to be voiced over is Zan (she's on the cover). She has some placeholder sounds from another game that are pretty damn good so there's already the perfect reference in. It just needs to be given an original revamp.

So if you can pull out a fitting voice or know someone who might be good at it, let me know. I also need few other sounds, so to list everything up:
1. Grunt/Gasp/Pain/Death/Jump/Use/Battlecry sounds for the protag Zan
2. See/Pain/Death/Taunt/HoldPosition/Follow sounds for a friendly NPC which is similar in build and character to Zan, so again something more militaristic, can totally apply pitch effects to differentiate it from Zan's too
3. Few more grunts/sighs/hmms to stylise some non-talked dialogue. I'll explain in more detail what it is about

I also need someone who can record her own lines at a decent quality, and who can possibly be contacted later on in case I need to add any dialogue (possibly even spoken lines) to Zan's repertoire.
And of course, I'm willing to pay for this, so some pricing would be useful to know (and also if it's pay per line or bundle of sounds or other type).

*edit: I think I posted this in the wrong subforum, can anyone please move it to Resources? :D
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Looking for Voice Actress or Suggestions

Post by Rachael »

I volunteer myself. ;) SanyaWaffles and Rex can vouch for me since I've done voice work for them before.
Diode

Post by Diode »

I don't know what the rates are like at voices.com, but if you can't find anyone fitting in the community, it might be worth looking there.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Rachael wrote:I volunteer myself. ;) SanyaWaffles and Rex can vouch for me since I've done voice work for them before.
I'll certainly vouch for you in Rex's place. You did a great job for the Paranoid sequel, Paranoiac, as the character Stinson. :yup:

Return to “Requests”