[Request] Judge Dredd vs Judge Death resource rip?

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dynamo

Re: [Request] Judge Dredd vs Judge Death resource rip?

Post by Dynamo »

Those skies do indeed look amazing! Could you upload them here in the meanwhile?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not easily. They come to something like 55MB. If I get a chance and access to a better internet connection, I will. It won't be soon, but I will try to make sure it is done.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Ah, damn it..... Not even as separated files? How many are them anyway?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

11. So I guess that makes them about 5mb each.
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

Maybe it would help if you converted them to PNG and then ran PNGout on them?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, I've put them up on DRD.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... dskies.zip

Just load the zip directly in GZDoom to test. The zip file contains a comment (mainly to myself) but if for some reason you can't see zip comments...
I wrote:Load up map01 and type

changesky dredd01 - dredd11

at the console

Dredd02 the colours on the top panel are a bit more intense than those on the side so you can see the join on some buildings.

Dredd04 could do with a bit of work to make the sea match up better between panels.
darkcaleb

Post by darkcaleb »

Hallo i'm new here and i was wondering if it was possible to reupload the Judge Dredd skybox package? I know this thread is old and all but i have been trying to get my hands on these skyboxes but i can't seem to find a fitting program to export these textures. :cry:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Egad! it seems that this was yet another thing that I didn't realise I'd lost when my backup hard drive crashed a couple of years (or more) back. I keep finding little bits and pieces like that (or more accurately, it's usually something like this where someone asks if I still have it and then I realise it's gone).

I still have the game (though I've had difficulty getting it to run on Win10 - but I also see it's dirt cheap on GOG right now (£1.49), so I might just pick up a modern-configured copy from there).

If I get a moment, I'll see if I can rip the skies again. I don't really remember how easy (or otherwise) the process was. If anyone else still has a copy of my upload and is able to post it, that would save me some time.
darkcaleb

Post by darkcaleb »

Yeah i had the same problem with the hard drive back in the day, losing allot of stuff. If there is a way of ripping the textures because i remember there was a tool or something if remembered... Let me know if there are any possiblities? Thanx!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I just spent the last little while wrestling with the extraction programs (after finding them, the initial links were dead), then trying to get something that can reliably convert DDS images to PNGs. The extraction program saves a bunch of files with TGA and BMP extensions but they are actually DDS files which are horrible to work with if you don't have the right kind of tools for them. Standard editing tools won't work. Irfanview converted all the transparent areas to black and messed up quite a few images but xnview did a better job. So, I now have most, if not all, of the potentially useful graphics (and sounds) pulled out of the game again.

It'll still take me a little bit to get the skyboxes set up because some of the graphics look a bit weird and have unexpected transparency on them. From both memory and by looking at the files, I think the game had some way of essentially showing a 6 sided skybox with transparency and a cloud-scape behind that visible through the transparent bits of the main skybox. It wasn't all maps that had that and, obviously, that's not how GZDoom does it but I think I can do something to the graphics to make them work. I've no idea how I did the conversions before. I don't remember this issue cropping up last time.

Anyway, I have the basic files extracted so I should be able to get the skyboxes done at some point.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Return to “Requests”