ACS: APROP_SoundClass

Like feature suggestions, but you've actually written code to make it happen. More likely to make it into the game than some random request in feature suggestions.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please see Code submission guidelines

GZDoom Status:

Legacy Status:
Image Image

QZDoom Status:

ACS: APROP_SoundClass

Postby S_Andrew_S » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:37 am

https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/pull/1333

Hey all, this is my first new feature I have created for GZDoom/Zandronum. I'm very new to C++, but I needed a feature for my mod, so I've developed this extension to SetActorProperty, GetActorProperty, and CheckActorProperty for both ports. So, what is this?

APROP_SoundClass is an extension to SetActorProperty, GetActorProperty, and CheckActorProperty which will allow manipulation of a player class's sound class. The use I have for this is for changing the sound class of a player under conditions where additional player pawns or skins are simply not viable. Could also be used to player aliases under very specific instances that otherwise can't be modified.

I added APROP_SoundClass at index 47 in zdefs.acs. I would attach it, but that's not allowed here.
S_Andrew_S

Re: ACS: APROP_SoundClass

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Please check my review in the PR.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby S_Andrew_S » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Applied the suggested changes to the PR.
S_Andrew_S

Postby S_Andrew_S » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:43 pm

Hey, it's been awhile since any review. I went ahead and submitted a new pull request which fixes a lot of issues that I tested with various scenarios. Ultimately the code is more refined than it was before. Please check it when you have the chance.

Thanks.
S_Andrew_S

Return to Code Submissions