dynamic lights broke?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
kfpopeye2

dynamic lights broke?

Post by kfpopeye2 »

Did something change recently with dynamic lights? The level I'm creating has some spotlights and strobe lights that cast light onto nearby walls using gldef but they have stopped working suddenly. I went to Realm667 and does the original mod (see link below) and it didn't work either anymore. I can't see anything wrong in my display settings and I don't get any errors in the console.

https://realm667.com/index.php/en/compo ... 16&Itemid=
saladofstones

Re: dynamic lights broke?

Post by saladofstones »

I can confirm that there are issues with dynamic lights. I use a beam flashlight mod, and the beams now no longer work. Reverting to an earlier build (4.1.3) fixed this issue.

Edit: actually, I tested it across all hardware modes (vulkan, opengl, softpoly) and the issue occurs. It appears o be specific to how dynamic lights are handled in any hardware mode.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, this is a known change. This flashlight mod was poorly designed, unfortunately it was copied a lot and depended on undefined engine behavior.
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

fix for all who want strobe lights working again
Spoiler:

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”