Sectors disappear while still in view.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
abbuw

Sectors disappear while still in view.

Post by abbuw »

Self explanatory. Sectors on the edge of the screen disappear while they're still visible, it's quite distracting. You can do this with any map that has sectors.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Sectors disappear while still in view.

Post by Rachael »

We need a test map and we also need to know what version this occurs in. It sounds like an aggressive clipper but we really need a map to test.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Rachael wrote:We need a test map and we also need to know what version this occurs in. It sounds like an aggressive clipper but we really need a map to test.
This has been occurring for as long as I can remember; whatever version of GZDoom (2.3.0?) that Zandronum 1.0 is based on does this. I'm using g3.2pre-125-g5798409, but it happens in the stable build as well. Map is attached.
Attachments
city map puke.wad
(92.92 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

What is your GPU and what video driver are you using? Also what resolution are you running your game at? They all stay in view for me.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Rachael wrote:What is your GPU and what video driver are you using? Also what resolution are you running your game at? They all stay in view for me.
Running at 1024x768, have an Intel HD Graphics 5500, drivers are up to date. It has happened with an older computer I had a while back but I forget what GPU it had, unfortunately. Here's a version of the map with a demo.
Attachments
damap.wad
(96.62 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Looks like the age-old field-of-view issue when looking up and down. Due to the small sectors this map seems to be a bit oversensitive to it.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Alright - managed to get the bug when switching my screen mode to 1024x768 and viewing the demo.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

I can attest that I sometimes have ceilings/floors/wall going black (without HOMs) when they're at the very periphery on my view. I'm running 1080p on a GTX960 with a FOV of 95.

Return to “OpenGL Renderer Bugs”