dynamic lights broke?

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

dynamic lights broke?

Postby kfpopeye2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:11 am

Did something change recently with dynamic lights? The level I'm creating has some spotlights and strobe lights that cast light onto nearby walls using gldef but they have stopped working suddenly. I went to Realm667 and does the original mod (see link below) and it didn't work either anymore. I can't see anything wrong in my display settings and I don't get any errors in the console.

https://realm667.com/index.php/en/compo ... 16&Itemid=
kfpopeye2
Global Moderator

Re: dynamic lights broke?

Postby saladofstones » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:27 pm

I can confirm that there are issues with dynamic lights. I use a beam flashlight mod, and the beams now no longer work. Reverting to an earlier build (4.1.3) fixed this issue.

Edit: actually, I tested it across all hardware modes (vulkan, opengl, softpoly) and the issue occurs. It appears o be specific to how dynamic lights are handled in any hardware mode.
saladofstones
Global Moderator

Return to OpenGL Renderer Bugs