3d replacement models with autoloaded lights are slow

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
ketmar

3d replacement models with autoloaded lights are slow

Post by ketmar »

after "2d refactoring" merge, i got the following issue:
1. set "autoloadlights=true" in gzdoom.ini
2. run gzdoom with the pk3 from the link
3. go to e1m1, and walk to the barrel near the window.
as you approaching the barrel, you will see a major slowdowns (and some lightness "blinks" on a slime inside a barrel).
it worked perfectly before the merge: no issues, no slowdowns.

i am constantly building gzdoom from the git master branch, and it worked before. i am unable to bisect the code, as "2d refactoring" is "all-or-nothing" thingy (trying to bisect it gives non-buildable source on my GNU/Linux system), so i cannot point at the commit that broke it.

i have x86 system, with GeForce GT 720 GPU and proprietary nVidia drivers. i tested it by running freshly built gzdoom without gzdoom.ini (so it created one for me), and then i manually set "autoloadlights" to "true".

please, ask me any additional questions if something is not clear, or if i ommited some crucial details.

pk3 with replacement barrel model: http://files.catbox.moe/rleakk.pk3
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: 3d replacement models with autoloaded lights are slow

Post by Rachael »

Unfortunately, 2D refactor was almost exclusively developed on Windows before the merge, so that's why you are unable to bisect it on Linux. You would have to manually port over the framebuffer fixes after every checkout.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Could you please re-check with the current master?
ketmar

Post by ketmar »

seems to be fixed, thank you. at least my test case is working without glitches and slowdowns now. will check a full-featured mod later (it requires alot of custom patches to work, but those patches has nothing to do with rendering, so i don't think that there will be any problems).
ketmar

Post by ketmar »

p.s.: ok, checked full mod. seems to work too. so, the issue is fixed now, thank you.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”