Actor flag to force disable sprite clipping

These are not rejected - but are not considered highly important right now.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Actor flag to force disable sprite clipping

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Akin to how one can force XY billboarding on an actor, would it be possible to make it so an actor's sprites don't get pushed up/down by the GL renderer sprite clipping option?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Actor flag to force disable sprite clipping

Post by Graf Zahl »

I think this feature is due for some serious rethinking anyway. There's already the SPROFS lump where you can override offsets for the hardware renderer, but with the current implementation it is still subjected to sprite clipping considerations.

For the time being I won't add any other means to mess around with this because ultimately they'll just complicate matters.
StrikerMan780
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StrikerMan780 »

This. I have some fire actors that look like total ass with the sprite clipping options on.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

What really complicates matters is that I just accidentally made an actor which has some rotations (notably 1, 2 and 8) "moved out of the floor", while rotations 3-7 stay as defined in the image offsets, and all that only happens if the actor is +ISMONSTER (but not +NOGRAVITY). So making a flag that unconditionally disables all the magic threshold should actually make things simplier :roll:

https://imgur.com/a/teDiMUr
Top to bottom: rotation 1, rotation rotation 2, rotation 3

The only way to fix this right now, is making a duplicate attached actor that does all the drawing (but doesn't have ISMONSTER flag), while my main actor will still have ISMONSTER for being counted and blocked by lines...

Return to “On Hold Suggestions”