[Since April 11?] Translucency bug

These bugs do plan to be resolved, when they can be.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Re: [Since April 11?] Translucency bug

Postby _mental_ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:46 am

For missing translations (like in the given sample), remap table is selected in which all colors are opaque. This wasn't the case before.
If the bug happens with a correct translation setup, it's most likely another issue.
_mental_

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:48 am

That's clearly not correct. It should fall back to a table where the transparent index is properly set.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby _mental_ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:26 am

Do we have any palette with transparency by default? PaletteContainer::SetPalette() is called only with transparent_index set to -1.
_mental_

Postby bLUEbYTE » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:06 am

This has been reported and confirmed as a reproducible issue introduced with 4.4 in my mod https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=66778&p=1160976#p1160968

If you save a game and load it in a fresh gzdoom session, the color translations will be gone but enemies have black 'cardboard' backgrounds to them.
bLUEbYTE

Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby Korell » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:41 pm

I've just seen this for the first time with the Rowdy Rudy 2: Powertrip mod that is work in progress.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65693&start=15#p1164050
I've only seen it happen on the one enemy so far (a green marine without a helmet), and it has persisted across a few different versions of the mod, from beta to RC0 and RC1.

If I change the High Quality Resize Mode or Multiplier options (it doesn't seem to matter what the option is as long as it is changed, and it can even be changed and changed back) or if any of the three Resize Textures/Sprites/Fonts options are toggled, then the black box around the sprite disappears. Turning off the Precache GL Textures option also worked, after restarting GZDoom.

Oh, I'm using GZDoom 4.4.0.
Korell

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:43 am

Disable Precache GL Textures option.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Previous

Return to On Hold Bugs