''Doom4GZ Ultra HD Edition'' Problems

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

remzi2651

''Doom4GZ Ultra HD Edition'' Problems

Post by remzi2651 »

Halo again fellas. I was trying some mods in doom game. Found a mod named '''Doom4GZ Ultra HD Edition''. However i couldn't worked it on either in custom maps or maps that this mod creator's mod maps and also these are the problems i have faced with it:
1.) Can't work this mod with custom maps.
2.) Can't see 3D models.
3.) Menu is not suitable for using mouse (Like, when i try to click on one section it doesn't opens).

This is mod's link:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom4gz-ultra-hd-edition

These are photos of how i installed the wads and how the stuff were looking in my game that i writed at up side (Two last photo is shown how i installed it through ZDL):
https://imgur.com/a/CGGPTCn

I also opened mod with modder's instructions. But same stuff happend that i shown in photos (2D models like looking 3D models). Thanks again fellas for the help.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ''Doom4GZ Ultra HD Edition'' Problems

Post by wildweasel »

1. It looks like you are loading it with Ultimate Doom, where the majority of custom maps require Doom 2. This may possibly include whatever maps came with the mod.

2. If you are using AMD video card, you should change your Renderer Backend to Vulkan instead of OpenGL; this is a known problem with the AMD drivers.
remzi2651

Post by remzi2651 »

Hello wildweasel. For your ultimate doom suggestion is right but i didn't get what did you mean't by second tought about vulkan shaders. I tried to check my amd software panel (amd software: adrenaline edition). but didn't found any clue about enabling or turning off the vulkan shaders in my search on the panel itself. I also searched a little bit on google but didn't found anything also. Thanks again also one more thing to need i add like can you look at my another topic also that i needed help: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74227

Thank you again for the ideas.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by wildweasel »

Renderer Backend is an option you need to set within GZDoom, not your video card drivers; with ZDL, I think you can set it by adding +vid_preferbackend 1 to attempt to Additional Options in the window. This will use the Vulkan mode if your video card supports it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Another option is to double-click GZDoom.exe directly, and when it starts pick Vulkan.
From that point on, Vulkan should be set as the default even when you start using ZDL.
(I think that you only see the above if GZDoom can find more than one IWAD? Not sure because I usually use ZDL.)

Of course, there is an in-game menu option for it as well but you may find that difficult to access of the visuals are playing up for you.
remzi2651

Post by remzi2651 »

Whooow wildweasel, Enjay thank you so much about helping to solve my this problem. I didn't expected this one to could be this easy. Thank you two again but i got another problemo like brightness. Yea you are right. This one. The game is too dark to see anything else. I tried to control it on settings but it didn't changed so far.

It's can seen here:
https://imgur.com/a/ZT3HZOz

Thank you fellas again but i need help in this topic also (aka reshade):
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74227

Return to “Technical Issues”