The unsolvable bug: ZDL Cant run commands

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
P0188

The unsolvable bug: ZDL Cant run commands

Post by P0188 »

i have tried Doomworld to no avail, Reddit with no results, Discord without even a single answer, and yes even 4chan to no surprise... but not a single person has been able to solve this seemingly unique bug.

im trying to run Doom 2 (Specifically GZdoom) with the launch command "-turbo 255" for testing purposes. i can get Gzdoom to run the command only if i create a shortcut and attatch it to its target field however this method means i cant alter the load order of any mods and just have to hope for the best.

ZDL has a box entitled "extra command line arguments" which i would assume would be what im looking for but it yields no results. im met constantly with people telling me "it works for me" ive tried finding an answer to this bug for some time now and for something so seemingly simple i cant seem to find the issue getting in the way.
P0188

Re: The unsolvable bug: ZDL Cant run commands

Post by P0188 »

UPDATE: apparently i cant get the shortcut to run with mods because it just doesnt load them so even if i wanted to just drag and drop a few pk3s and go from there i cant ;-;
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Try +turbo for ZDoom-based ports.
P0188

Post by P0188 »

Rachael wrote:Try +turbo for ZDoom-based ports.
alright so ive discovered a few things...

im running a mod (ultimate doom visor) that has a walk speed modifier option (woot! - this works), as to wether or not this is causing an issue i cant say for certain as there is an option to turn it off. when testing with it off and running +turbo 255 i couldnt seem to yield any results.

eitherway thanks for the help :)

Post by Guest »

> i cant get the shortcut to run with mods because it just doesnt load them so even if i wanted to just drag and drop a few pk3s and go from there i cant ;-;

If you have a Windows shortcut with -turbo 255 in there you'll get it to load dragged and dropped wads and mods if you add some more:

N:\somefolder\GZDoom.exe -turbo 255 -file %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

https://i.imgur.com/VdJ5sCA.png

This can load up to nine dragged-dropped files. One problem: It won't load separate Dehacked files right as they should get loaded with -deh.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

P0188 wrote:
Rachael wrote:Try +turbo for ZDoom-based ports.
alright so ive discovered a few things...

im running a mod (ultimate doom visor) that has a walk speed modifier option (woot! - this works), as to wether or not this is causing an issue i cant say for certain as there is an option to turn it off. when testing with it off and running +turbo 255 i couldnt seem to yield any results.

eitherway thanks for the help :)
That makes sense as turbo alters the global player speed settings. If those get overridden by a mod, 'turbo' won't do anything unless re-applied from the console.

Return to “Technical Issues”