Game stays in foreground after exit (I guess?)

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Rowsol

Game stays in foreground after exit (I guess?)

Post by Rowsol »

This has been happening to me for years now. I never reported it because I was using an old version and I assumed it had been fixed. I recently updated to 471 and the problem persists.
Sometimes I'll exit the game (25% or so) and my mouse will not click on anything until I ctrl alt del. Only then can I use my computer again. It's a strange one.
Windows 10, Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Vulkan render
1650 super
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Game stays in foreground after exit

Post by Graf Zahl »

Moved to Technical issues. This seems to be very specific to your system so first we need to know your specs.
Rowsol

Re: Game stays in foreground after exit (I guess?)

Post by Rowsol »

I updated the post shortly after initially posting. I suppose my GPU drivers could need an update. Aside from that I'm not sure what could be the issue with my gear. I keep a pretty clean PC.

Return to “Technical Issues”