GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" nvidia/w7

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Re: GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" nvidia

Postby Redneckerz » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:55 am

bimshwel wrote:this isn't a matter of performance level, just activating at all. The w530 thinkpad I could use until recently that ran gzdoom without incident was older than the w541 i have now and presumably its graphic parts were the same or even older.

Does your machine have Nvidia Optimus or the Intel equivalent technology enabled?

Also check your monitor settings - At what port is it outputting?
Rachael wrote:Actually, it is not normal to see that at all when everything is working properly, unless you actually do have a second adapter - in which case - it would try and detect it and install drivers for it.

Au contraire - There used to be (Or still is) a Basic Display Adapter. When no drivers are present, a computer would display two adapters - One it cannot recognize, and the Basic Display Adapter one. Seeing it here is a indicator that driver or port are either not working or not placed right.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Rachael » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:11 am

Yes - but the basic display adapter should not be present if it is detecting (which means actually naming - which it is) the main card.

Basic Display Adapter is *only* a fallback. If it is present, then something has gone horribly wrong. The only time it *ever* legitimately appears is if your GPU is so old you can't even find drivers for the current Windows version for it.

Seeing it as a secondary device suggests to me that there is an extra HDMI/VGA port on the motherboard that is currently being used - and that it is attached to a graphics device that is *not* connected to the NVidia Quadro.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby drfrag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:31 am

The Standard VGA Graphics Adapter is the Intel integrated video and has no drivers installed. May be he could get all the drivers from Lenovo in case they are still needed. But if it works it works.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby bimshwel » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:57 pm

Redneckerz wrote:Does your machine have Nvidia Optimus or the Intel equivalent technology enabled?

That was the missing piece! And the 3d works again! Thank you for the suggestion! Rather bizarre, I never knew about Optimus and none of my impotent scrambling seeking existing information about this mentioned it, but indeed installing that off the lenovo website makes the open gl work in windows 7 which means I don't have to reinstall all my other nonsense in a newer operating system that I hate to continue with gzdoom and be marginally more efficient in photoshop, and possibly other things that I haven't tried to run yet which may make use of that. Somebody called electrodragon554 also sent me a message about it. I appreciate the help on this issue; I didn't think I would get any once I realized the problem was all on my end.
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt

Discord: bimshwel #7516

Previous

Return to Technical Issues