I was hoping that you could answer a couple of questions for me please.
I'd love to play Project Osiris (an Alien Breed 3D, re-imagining)
via GZDoom on Linux.
1. I've installed GZDoom
2. I experience the following error message:
Code: Select all
cannot find a game IWAD (doom.wad doom2.wad, heretic.wad, etc). Did you install GZDOome properly? You can do either of the following: 1. Place one of more of these wads in ~/snap/gzdoom/current/.config/gzdoom/. 2. Edit your ~/snap/gzdoom/current/.config/gzdoom/gzdoom/ini and add the directories of your iwads to the list beneatch [IWADSearch.Directories]
Those dirs don't exist on my system, and I cant seem to create the dirs
(even when escalating to root - as its a live filesystem)
3. I have the following directories showing after GZDoom has been installed
Then shows the following sub-dirs:
bin, build, etc, lib, meta, snap, usr,
I've looked into each of them, and there doesn't appear to be a .config dir there.
4. In /home/[my username]/.config/
I created a dir called gzdoom, and added a couple of wad files from freedoom
In either scenario, I get the error message shown above (in point 2)
5. When running gzdoom from the CLI, I experience the following error message:
Code: Select all
OS: Ubuntu Core 20, Linux 4.15.0-153-generic on x86_64 M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults. (process:8234): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:58:17.465: Locale not supported by C library. Using the fallback 'C' locale. Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.avail/53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf", line 10: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected
6. What do I need to do, in order to create these dirs, to allow me to add those wad files,
and then play Project Osiris ?
7. Is there anything else that I need to do, or consider to allow me to do this ?
TIA for any help or advice
GZDOom version = GZDoom g4.6.0-m - 2021-05-22 16:34:22 +0200 - SDL version
OS: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
OS type: 64-bit
DE: KDE 5.12.9
CPU: 4x Intel Core-2 Q8200 (@2.33 Ghz)