GZDoom Freedoom problem

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

GZDoom Freedoom problem

Post by Guest »

I want to play Doom2 on GZDoom but it keeps tying to load freedoom. What can i do?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: GZDoom Freedoom problem

Post by wildweasel »

I don't think we can solve this with that amount of info. What OS are you running? How did you come to own your copy of Doom 2?
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoom Freedoom problem

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Sophie Macklestatch wrote:I want to play Doom2 on GZDoom but it keeps tying to load freedoom. What can i do?
Some possible solutions come to my head:
  • 1. You need a copy of DOOM2.WAD -obviously- in your defined GZDoom folder. Also, make sure it is the original ID Software one, and not a renamed FreeDoom one (most very old releases of FreeDoom were named the same as the commercial IWADs, later ones are called FREEDOOMx.WAD).

2. If your problem is you're not getting the GZDoom's IWAD selection menu at start, just press the Shift key at same time you launch the GZDoom's executable file to recover the selection menu. Alternatively, you can go to GZDoom's options and in Miscellaneous section, toggle the option from there.
Hope these tips be useful for you! 8-)

Return to “Technical Issues”