Gzdoom has been going very very slow for me.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Gzdoom has been going very very slow for me.

Postby beemust47 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Since Gzdoom 4.5.0, everytime i start up Gzdoom everything is incredibly slow, even when i'm just on the menu, to the point where it's unplayable. This only seems to happen on Gzdoom 4.5.0 and Gzdoom 4.6.0, been using 4.4.0 for a really long time and never had an issue. While messing around, i found out that when i open the task manager and open up the details for gzdoom it has a really low priority. I tried setting it back to normal, and it either reverts back to low or nothing changes. I restart gzdoom, and it's back to low priority. Could this mean something?

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue? Does anybody have any idea what it could be?
beemust47

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Gzdoom has been going very very slow for me.

Postby wildweasel » Mon May 24, 2021 6:30 pm

We're going to need more information, like your full system specs. It might also help if you attached your current INI file, and then check what happens with a fresh one.

As far as GZDoom's process priority, no, that's a red herring. GZDoom automatically shifts to Low priority when it is not the active window.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Re: Gzdoom has been going very very slow for me.

Postby beemust47 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Lemme see...

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) @ 2.16GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
x64-based Processor

Is this good enough? I copied what looked relevant from my settings.

There may or may not be much to look at in my .ini file, i've downloaded and deleted gzdoom many times while messing around, but i'll attach it anyways.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beemust47

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Technical Issues